PDA

View Full Version : Weekend A. Report

Jeff C.
06-04-2007, 06:58 AM
It was SLOW!! Fished for about 12 hours Here's the count:

Fri: 2
Sat: 1
Sun: 1 LDR

Fished Lower Sunrise, Lower Sialor Bar and the Log Hole. Even the spin guys at Lower Sunrise weren't hooking them.

The shad are spread thru out the A. but in very small pods. You just have to be there when they move by. I'm off to Seattle but will try to fish Sunday pm. Keep moving till you find them Jeff C.

amoeba
06-04-2007, 10:38 AM
nothin goin on at howe last night either,

what's an LDR?

JT
06-04-2007, 12:19 PM
LDR=Long Distance Release

Bryan Morgan
06-04-2007, 08:43 PM
Fished after 6 PM at lower Sunrise, caught 3 small males within about an hour. Waiting for the big schools to appear. Hit or miss. Will let you know if I hook up big time. :D

mike-n
06-05-2007, 08:54 AM
I hit the spot Sunday evening from 8 to 9. 10 fish on, 7 to hand, a few misssed strikes. I was using a wet greenie for the bulk of the fish and switched to a wet pinkie when things slowed down. The wet pinkie didn't make much of a difference.

The only other guy out was a spin fisher and he said it was his best evening this season, he got 15.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
06-05-2007, 09:22 AM
That sounds plenty good to me Mike.

Still sounds like they are spread out through the river now.

I think it's time for most of us to get out there now. Evenings after work are really nice. Beats watching TV..........

Thanks for the report.

__________________________________________________ ________

I think some of us, especially the older ones like me, are pretty spoiled as far as Shad are concerned.

I think the Shad are still the best "catching" we have in the lower American River.

If you can catch 3 to 6 fish that run 1 to 3 pounds in an evening that has to be considered good catching?