PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a fishing buddy

psychoz
06-01-2007, 12:51 PM
Greetings, I just ordered my first fly pole and was looking for some fishing buddies. I have fished for bass, trout, and all other types of warm water fish for a long time. My main fishing is for bass, I use to fish tournaments but since I no longer have my bass boat I am now fishing small water. I currently use a inflatable pontoon and use standard tackle. But I now want to get into fly casting. I have tried it before and really enjoyed it. I am not looking for a person to teach me, but any help would be greatly appreciated, I am just looking for a fellow fishermen or fisherwomen to fish with. I live in El Dorado Hills and work in Fair Oaks. I can fish evenings and weekends, I am lucky in the fact that my wife lets me fish alot. So if there are any interested persons feel free to contact me and lets fish. I am heading to Rancho Seco tonight for the weekend, if anyone is going to be out there look me up, I will be in RV spot #12, just ask for Scott.

Sturmer White
06-01-2007, 04:53 PM
Hey Phy
Pull up GBFlycasters .org
There is always a bunch of guys going fishing.
The web site will give you all the information you need.
Good luck.
Sturmer White

Hairstacker
06-01-2007, 10:08 PM
Welcome aboard! I can't make it to Rancho Seco this weekend but wish you good luck!

Bill Kiene semi-retired
06-02-2007, 12:09 AM
You might try Cameron Park Lake too.

Mather Pond is on your flight path too.

psychoz
06-04-2007, 07:10 AM
Well Rancho Seco was pretty tough, I paddled half the lake and only came up with 1 nice 2-2.5 lb female. Water was crystal clear and warm. Slight breeze with a clear blue bird sky, the air temp was very nice.

This coming Saturday I plan on going to Sly Park for some afternoon bite, if anyone can join me, come on down. I will probably leave my house around 3 or so. I should have my new 7 weight fly rod so I am hoping to land my first fly fish.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
06-04-2007, 08:14 AM
You might call the shop today and ask for Andy for some information about fishing Sly Park Reservoir. It should be good.

local 486 9958
toll free 800 400 0359

psychoz
06-04-2007, 08:39 AM
You might call the shop today and ask for Andy for some information about fishing Sly Park Reservoir. It should be good.

local 486 9958
toll free 800 400 0359

I will definetly give him a call, thanks