PDA

View Full Version : Sigma ??

Rob
06-01-2007, 11:08 AM
I have herd a lot of good things about The Sigma AF DC 18 -50 / 2.8 for my Canon 20 D. Does anyone here use any Sigma Lenses ?? Any thoughts ?? About half the price of the Canon 4.0 17 -40 L lens. :shock:

Adam Grace
06-02-2007, 05:54 PM
I have also heard that Sigma makes some nice lenses for canon cameras.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
06-02-2007, 06:52 PM
You might look at Tokina lenses too.

bolden
06-02-2007, 09:17 PM
http://www.photozone.de/8Reviews/index.html

This site has a lot of reviews on pretty much all of the popular lens available from canon to nikon to sigma and so on.

Right now the only real competetor with a constant f2.8 is the tamron 17-50 2.8. Its obviously is a little wider, but its
not going to change much. One thing you should check out is the build quality. Although i am not sure how much of
a difference it would make to you, the tamron lens feels extremely flimsy, almost worse than my kit lens.

They should both be very good lenses, so if you can go to a camera store and play with them.

Rob
06-07-2007, 07:07 AM
Well I decided to BITE the Bullet ( ouch $$ ) and get the Canon EF 17 -40 mm f4 L. :D All the tests and reviews have been great and Canon is offering a rebate right now , so that helps a little . I checked one out at the local camera store and loved it. I ordered mine from Adorama and saved around $ 100.00. :shock:

Can't wait to get out and get some spring photos , before everything dries out. Also the Fall colors here are so beautiful . :D