PDA

View Full Version : Kayak and canoe demo day for anglers at Lake Natoma.........

Bill Kiene semi-retired
05-31-2007, 10:19 PM
We have arranged a free demo day with 'California Canoe & Kayak' on June 16, 2007, a Saturday, from 9:00am till noon.

They are on Hazel Avenue just south of Hwy 50.

They will have a selection of special kayaks and canoes that are designed for fishing that you can test drive.......pretty cool.

These boats are wider and more stable than most others for fishing.

This will be a great chance to see how these water craft feel on the water.

What prompted all this is my visit to 'California Canoe & Kayak' last week to look at the new Native Ultimate 12' and 14' fishing kayaks.

Bring your friends and family too. Not just for fly fishers.

More info to follow.

http://images.orvis.com/orvis_assets/prodimg/62R8M7SF.jpg

Special 'Orvis' model...........

Bill Kiene semi-retired
06-02-2007, 12:19 AM
This should be a good event.

Hope some of you can make it?

Bill Kiene semi-retired
06-12-2007, 07:38 AM
Don't forget it is this coming Saturday morning at 9:00am.

We will meet at 'California Canoe and Kayak' at Hazel Avenue and Folsom Blvd in the same building as 'The Spaghetti Factory' and then proceed across the highway to Lake Natoma for the demo.

I think it will be great for some of us to see what it feels like to be in a wider canoe or fishing kayak?

Eugene Graham, Rickey Mitchell and I will be there.

Hope you can make it.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
06-14-2007, 11:27 PM
Here is an email I just got from 'CA Canoe & Kayak' about this Satuday morning's demo day:

"Hi Bill,
Just checking in with you about the June 16 Demo Day at Lake Natoma. We are doing the last minute planning and I was wondering how many folks have expressed interest in the event?

Also besides the Native watecraft, are there any other particlur kayaks or products you would like available for folks to try. We will have on site Hobie Mirage Drive kayaks, Liquidlogic Manta Ray (10-14 ft lengths), Liquidlogic Stingray, Hertiage Redfish, Wenonah Fisherman and Kingfisher, and Current Designs Altura.

If you have any questions or concerns please drop me a line or call the shop at (916) 353 1880 or my cell phone at (702) 858 6987
Cheers,
Phil

Philip McDonald
California Canoe and Kayak-Rancho Cordova
12401 Folsom Blvd. #205
Rancho Cordova, CA 95742
Purepaddlesports since 1972
www.calkayak.com
(916) 353 1880"

__________________________________________________ __________

This will be chance for us to actually get into a kayak or canoe and see how they feel, for free ! See you there.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
06-17-2007, 11:59 AM
Eugene Graham and I got to demo a lot of potentially great kayaks and canoes that are designed for anglers at Willow Creek on Lake Natoma this past Saturday, yesterday.

The most shocking was the Hobie "Outback SUV" which is a 'very stable' 12' ~60# sit-on-top kayak that has the Hobie "Mirage" peddle system and a steering rudder/keel @ $1500 complete.

We tried the 12' solo and the 14' tandem Native Ultimate boats which are designed specifically for fishing. They we nice crafts.

We also tried out a Wenonah 16' Kingfisher canoe which is very wide with a flat bottom. We could easily stand and fly cast from this craft plus carry lots of gear. Great two person and family fun boat.

__________________________________________________ _________

This next Sunday they will have their "huge" Paddlefest @ Lake Natoma so you can go out there and test drive hundreds of water craft and talk with factory Reps.

Rickey Noell Mitchell will be there putting on some fishing seminars.

You really need to demo these boats yourself.

CA Canoe & Kayak has a wonderful 90 day rental/purchase program where you can come back in and get a different model every 5 days for 90 days/3 months for only $200 total. If you buy a boat you get the $200 applied toward your purchase. That's a no-brainer.

__________________________________________________ ___________

California Canoe & Kayak Paddlefest 2007 Lake Natoma

Join us for our Annual Demo Day at Lake Natoma, Sunday, June 24 - 9 am to 3 pm. Hundreds of kayaks and canoes to test paddle all day. $10 Demo Fee - Kids under 12 Free. Instructional clinics through-out the day. Special on-water kids kayak clinics. Ages 8 -12 years.

FREE CCK Cap to the first 50 participants!

All proceeds go to the CSUS Aquatic Center Youth Programs.

http://www.calkayak.com/

http://www.purepaddlesports.com/images/products/PAAAAAOEOPIINHCA.jpg