PDA

View Full Version : The unknown opener .....

David Lee
05-24-2007, 05:39 PM
Several great Smallmouth streams are opening this Saturday , the last Saturday In May . I make it a point not to name them in public .... :-#

Go get your maps , draw a circle around Sacramento about 50 miles to scale , get the regs out and look . Find a spot where a county road , freeway , or major street intersects whatever little blue line you choose ..... and go hunting .

You never know when you're going to find a place that changes your life - Find one , enjoy it , and protect it .

One thing's for sure ..... you won't have to deal w/ the crowds :nod:

David :D

Bill Kiene semi-retired
05-24-2007, 10:53 PM
You sneaky devil, you...........

David,

Next time you are by the shop take a look at the latest issue of "Fly Tier" magazine. In it is an article with a photo of a guy like you wading around in a river with a vary large, lovely Smallmouth Bass.

It is a very special photo................................

Hairstacker
05-24-2007, 11:21 PM
David, now you've gone and done it -- you let 'em know there's somethin' within 50 miles! :roll: :lol:

I hope you get into 'em big time, with some real nice ones thrown in the mix! :D

David Lee
05-25-2007, 06:35 PM
Bill -

A photo of a guy like me ? I pity his parents ....... :P

Those Smallmouth out-fight just about anything in freshwater (pound for pound) . If I'm lucky , I might get a 'Blue-phase' Smallie out of a creek this weekend . They look unbelieveable !!

Mike -

When are you coming up for a trip ??? This year has been pretty good so far .....

David :D

Hairstacker
05-25-2007, 09:14 PM
David, between you and Ed, it seems you guys have been having a GREAT year so far. :D You KNOW I would love to join you on this one but, alas, I have to paint a room tomorrow. :( I have convinced the family, though, that I will have to first fish a measly couple of hours in the Delta tomorrow morning before I can do any serious painting. I just can't make a day of it, unfortunately. Really hope you get a picture of one of those blue-phase smallies, sure would like to see what one looks like.