PDA

View Full Version : Southwest Miramichi River Report - 05/09/07 (NB, Canada)

CaseyBentley
05-15-2007, 12:40 PM
The weather has finally changed for the better here in New Brunswick! It's been sunny on the Miramichi with highs in the twenties all this week. The river is at a good level with clear, beautiful water. It is still high enough that all the fishing has to be done out of boats. Boats with guides & their guests are going up and down the river, so we know there are lots of fish around. The salmon are taking on the top with smaller flies and there are quite a few larger trout being taken as well.

http://www.dropshots.com/photos/252409/20070509/112822.jpg

sculpin
05-15-2007, 09:31 PM
Great info and welcome to the board Casey.

Mark

Bill Kiene semi-retired
05-15-2007, 10:25 PM
Hi Casey

Some us here in Sacramento, California have gone to an old private fly fishing club on the Miramichi River.

I went once in October and my little guide/gillie told me that the first two weeks in July was his favorite time.

CaseyBentley
05-16-2007, 06:47 AM
Hi Casey

Some us here in Sacramento, California have gone to an old private fly fishing club on the Miramichi River.

I went once in October and my little guide/gillie told me that the first two weeks in July was his favorite time.

The owner at the fishing resort I work at, who has lived on the river his whole life, tells me the first weeks in July & September are when he catches the best/most fish.