PDA

View Full Version : American River

MSP
05-11-2007, 07:19 AM
Fished the "A" yesterday for a total of 0 fish. At least I can say I've been real consistant on that river. Didn't see too many Caddis fluttering around and was wondering if there is a late afternoon or evening hatch happening? Anybody have anything good to say about the river?

Jeff C.
05-11-2007, 07:31 AM
Went out after work on Tuesday and caught a sucker. Went out last night and caught 5 juveniles the size of my pinky. Best fish I caught this week was a 12" smolt I caught on Sunday with my spey rod (talk about overkill). Jeff C.

jbird
05-11-2007, 08:16 AM
Anybody have anything good to say about the river?

Its got a great name :D

Hang in there Mike! 8) 8)

Jay

SullyTM
05-11-2007, 10:01 AM
MSP...Not exactly encouraging :(

Later...

robdog
05-12-2007, 05:09 AM
I believe it's the time of day that you go. I know if you go at around 7pm, stuff starts to happen. That is my experience on the A. Still this it's a great place & it's in Sac-Town. Ok, you don't always catch there, but it beats laying on the couch.

Adam Grace
05-12-2007, 11:07 AM
Nice picture Robdog, I like the beer photo! 8)

Pimpinmeat
05-14-2007, 11:30 AM
Did a couple evening drifts this weekend, mostly chasing everything besides half pounders but this is hatch report. The caddis are starting to come off but there doesn't seem to be as many as there should be. Wait for a good heat wave and they should come off thick. We were pulling some old line out of the water that was attached to a stick and there were a hundred caddis pupa in the mess. Didn't see to many fish chasing the caddis that we did see hatching. Weather cooled quite a bit in the evening and this could have played some part on the hatch.

mike N
05-14-2007, 10:00 PM
MSP,

You must be shing where I was. :D

I went out this evening, missed one on a popper and two on clousers. I saw a buch of smolts rising at the bottom of a riffle, but I didn't bring my trout stuff.

I bet this year will be like it was a few years ago. One night the half pounders will be in, the next it wil be shad. The only difference is that this year there are no half pounders. :twisted:

Let me know when you find the shad, we can get skunked together.

MN