PDA

View Full Version : Big Fish Hangīn Around

Jay Murakoshi
05-08-2007, 04:00 PM
Today was somewhat better than yesterday. We found some bigger fish today that gave the guys a little more excitement.
One guy had a 25lb pargo on fly, 32lb rooster and a something he didnīt even see.
Lotīs of small roosters still around along with jacks. Itīs not impossible to catch 25 small jacks, everynow and then there will be a 15lb to 30lb jack amongest the group

Iīm heading out tomorrow with my own captain for some marlin, wahoo and dorado fishing.

I hope to show you a 150lb marlin upon my return

Jay

David Lee
05-08-2007, 09:18 PM
Today was somewhat better than yesterday. We found some bigger fish today that gave the guys a little more excitement.
One guy had a 25lb pargo on fly

A 25 lb. BARRED Pargo would be about 10 lbs. bigger than the current fly record BP .

I have yet to get one ..... I hear they are THE worst - total nightmares .

Be safe Jay .

David :D

Darian
05-09-2007, 07:17 AM
I guess there's a specific species named Barred Pargo but all of the panguero's I talked to called anything that vaguely looked like one a Pargo. It must be a common name like sunfish.... :? :? 8) 8) 8)

k.hanley
05-09-2007, 09:02 AM
The bags are packed. Passport is in order. Flight schedule is solid. See you on Friday night. Right on participante!
Cheers, K

JerryInLodi
05-09-2007, 09:20 AM
Darian, the fish on the bottom of this picture is a barred pargo, only about four pounds but still, lots of fun. You should have your own picture of one before our trip is over. I know some good areas for them.

The middle fish is a leopard grouper and top a small snapper. These fish ended up in the weekly fish fry. All of them are available fishing around the rocks. I left out the pictures of the plate sized triggers. They will bend a 9 weight in half.

http://www.deltastripers.com/triple.jpg

bigtj
05-09-2007, 01:32 PM
Yum!

Jay Murakoshi
05-09-2007, 03:02 PM
Fished by myself today. We went looking for marlin, wahoo and dorado.
Got bait out by the island and headed south towards muretos bay. We went way pass the pink house south of the bay and then decided to turn around and start looking at other water. we checked at least 30 bouys but no dorado. Long story short, no marlin, no wahoo and no dorado.
But around the La Ventana area, I found some roosters and a few jacks.
Then we headed to Punta Arena and drifted the shoreline.
this is where I found the PEZ GALLO. I dropped two HUGE ones. One that looked to be well over 4īlong. Probably 60plus pounds. Had a fly line moment. The line flipped up and wrapped around the rod at least 3 times. I had time to up wrap but the rooster spit the fly. The other one was close to the same size. I think a needle fish cut the line.
But I ended up catching somewhere around 15 to 18 roosters

Fishing the beach tomorrow. Roosters and jacks are within casting range.

HEY KEN, if you have time - stop by somewhere and get me a spool of 20lb florocarbon. Either SEAGUAR or Cabellaīs. See ya friday afternoon

Jay

The north wind blew yesterday and some today. Put the bite off

Pappy
05-10-2007, 04:55 AM
Hey Jay,
Hope you get a few shots at some billfish , anxious to get a report on that CTS.
Wish I was down there with you and Ken, enjoy the season and be safe.

mems
05-13-2007, 12:56 AM
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a371/mems15/P5110142-1.jpg
Aloha Jay here are a couple of ono I got on friday during a double strike. Too bad they weren't on the fly rod. I hope you can get one on the fly, Mems.

Adam Grace
05-13-2007, 08:35 AM
Nice fish Don! How'd they taste? :D

mems
05-13-2007, 12:43 PM
Ono! (sweet)