PDA

View Full Version : Putah Creek

JT
05-03-2007, 09:33 AM
There has been a problem on Putah Creek for quite some time. During the winter months, the creek is closed to bait fishing. It is still open to fishing with artificial lures with barbless hooks. No fish may be kept during this period. I saw people out there this winter bait fishing. I always informed the culprits of the regs and most were cool about it, not knowing the regs beforehand. About ten years ago, NVFF posted some signs regarding the special regs. Most of those signs are long gone. I am currently trying to get more signs posted. I have been trying to get authorization from DFG since the middle of winter. It's tough to get a hold of people there. I am now hoping to get them up before next winter. There are quite a few people who are willing to help from the Putah Creek Fly Fishing Forum. We need help with copy/laminating fees and help posting the signs when it gets approved. Any help would be appreciated.

Darian
05-03-2007, 01:24 PM
JT.... I'm not sure why you've had problems contacting staff at DFG. They've always responded within a very short period of time to my questions over e-mail. :? :? Several members of this BB are DFG staff members, also.

Your project is worth your efforts.... If you haven't already tried this, contact the Training Branch for some quick answers or referrals. 8) 8)

Good luck :D :D

JT
05-03-2007, 01:38 PM
Making an initial contact was not difficult. I was put in touch with the right guy through email. He responded and told me to call him. When I call, I just get his voice mail and never get a call back.