PDA

View Full Version : Fly Show at Johnson's Bait in Yuba City?....

Fuzz
05-01-2007, 06:17 PM
I heard awhile back Johnson's was having a Fly Show on May 5th. Is that still on and what's on the schedule. Thanks!

Fuzz

Tony Buzolich
05-02-2007, 09:35 AM
We were unable to get enough reps together at this time for good show and elected to postpone it till later.

It seems almost every fly shop wants to do these shows and it really puts a burden on the schedules of the factory reps. These guys are only human and can only handle so much. We'll just have to plan things a little earlier in the season.

Tony Buzolich
Johnson's Bait &Tackle

calfly
05-20-2007, 10:48 PM
I heard awhile back Johnson's was having a Fly Show on May 5th. Is that still on and what's on the schedule. Thanks!

Fuzz

Hmmm, when did their fly department become decent sized? I went in about a year ago and they had 2 aisles of really cheap stuff, maybe pflueger, cortland, was surprised the rep let them have the mastery series. They literary have as much fly stuff and the quality as your local walmart. I picked up a scientific anglers x box for $13 at my local walmart, and they have lines, reels, even orvis gear. What high end products (for them since I was last in) has Johnsons acquired? TFO? Dan Bailey? Ross.

Really, go to the Oroville walmart and check out their fly department and then check out Johnsons.

I would be embarrassed to work at walmart and call myself the fly shop worker.

Ed Wahl
05-21-2007, 07:42 AM
What's the matter Calfly, somebody take your parking spot? Dog chew up your slippers? You've dropped a whole gold mine of bad stereotypes of our sport in your rather mean spirited post. Makes me want to thrash you with my 39 dollar fly rod. I think we've met once or twice, I was the guy waaaay down at the end of your nose that you wouldn't speak to. See you in the funny papers, er, in your case the Orvis Catalog.

Nip Hadlock
05-21-2007, 10:29 AM
er, in your case the Orvis Catalog.
Hey! I resemble that remark! :lol: :lol:
I agree Ed, it does seem that it is getting tougher and tougher to keep the board informative, constructive and light... :(
I bet we go three pages on this post now over an event that didn't happen three weeks ago! :roll:
It's not like someone is going to gas up ad head for Johnson's from East WhereEver to get gear...Fly shops are local, perhaps regional entities at best...
If they have a show and can drum up enthusiasm for the sport, (and perhaps put down the fly fishing is for snobs reputation a bit), then good on them! :)
At the end of the day we all vote with our feet and our wallets, (OK and our mice), so perhaps we can vote for kindness as well... O:)

Tony Buzolich
05-21-2007, 10:49 AM
........ We have three aisles!
TONY

Adam Grace
05-21-2007, 01:58 PM
When I helped out a rep friend of mine last year at Johnson's I checked out the fly department. I think that Tony has done a good job bringing in new more pro shop equipment into Johnson's. Adding fly gear to a predominantly conventional gear and BAIT shop is not an easy integration. Just wait, in a couple of years with Tony's help Johnson's will be a nice stop, during a road trip, when in need of some fly gear.

Keep up the good work Tony! :thumbsup:

calfly
05-21-2007, 04:18 PM
What's the matter Calfly, somebody take your parking spot? Dog chew up your slippers? You've dropped a whole gold mine of bad stereotypes of our sport in your rather mean spirited post. Makes me want to thrash you with my 39 dollar fly rod. I think we've met once or twice, I was the guy waaaay down at the end of your nose that you wouldn't speak to. See you in the funny papers, er, in your case the Orvis Catalog.

Hehehe, your funny.I would fish with you but I dont know, you may be too highfalutin for me, with your $39 fly rod. I only have a $25 OUTFIT, which includes rod, reel, AND LINE, from walmart. Still catches the steelies.

Ed Wahl
05-21-2007, 04:41 PM
Dang it, that beats my 25 dollar flea market rod, couldn't talk him into throwin in the reel. You win. Ed

David Lee
05-21-2007, 04:45 PM
Sheeeeeeeetttt .......

If you boys were as good as me , you wouldn't NEED a rod .

If I get any better ....... I'll just drop to my knees on the bank and WILL 'em out .

Remember , play nice .

David :unibrow:

Ed Wahl
05-21-2007, 06:02 PM
Uumm that's not what your wife says! *giggle*
velda