PDA

View Full Version : Time to get something to float you around on that...........

Bill Kiene semi-retired
05-01-2007, 09:07 AM
..........flat water.

A V-boat would be a start. The Outcast 'Super Fat Cat' Vboat is the best.

Pontoon boats are really great for getting out on the water.

Canoes and kayaks will get you to some out of the way places. Be sure to look at the ones that are designed more for fishing.

A small flat bottom boat (pram/Jon boat) that is 8' to 16' can really be wonderful because you can stand and see down into the water with Polarized glasses. You can also take extra rods, an ice chest and even the dog alone.

Let us know if you need any help/advice in purchasing a watercraft for getting out on the water this summer.

Call or visit Andy at the shop if you want to talk with someone who has tried them all.

Jeff Putnam has floated and camped in a PAC 1000 several times on the lower Dean River in British Columbia.

Jeff also use to guide with a drift boat on the Green River so he a good one about those boats too.

Eugene Graham, Hair Stacker and Ricky Mitchell on this BB are our canoe and kayak veterans.

I personally have done years of float tubing and had a dozens of 8' to 16' flat bottom outboard powered boats.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
06-01-2007, 10:27 AM
Is it time to think about getting a 'vehicle' to float on the water?

This gets you away from the crowds and opens up all new fisheries to you.

We only sell V-boats and pontoon boats but we can give you some advice on all the rest too.

Hairstacker
06-01-2007, 10:59 AM
Couldn't agree more Bill! Getting some kind of watercraft that gets you out on the water can profoundly improve your fishing. I now consider such equipment (inflatable kayak in my case) just as important as my rod and reel for fishing success on the Delta and many other fishing venues. Also, with just a little research, you should be able to find something out there in every price range. 8)