PDA

View Full Version : The best fishing of my life

TaylerW
04-29-2007, 10:31 PM
so, me and my dad decided to go up- to the high mountain desert to get some fishing maily due to the fact that i didnt have school on friday, so we went up to rock creek reservoir in central/eastern oregon, the tygh valley. We got there to a flying ant hatch, which despite having flying ant dries and nymphs, couldnt hook a single one. After about two hours of null, i tied on a smally seal bugger type fly that was given to me by a david angelo who frequents kienes, and then i started to catch fish. Friday night i caught about 10, all on the strip. On saturday the trout started to call around 4:30 am, so you can fish before dawn, so it told the dad i was going out and took my pontoon to the lucky weedbed and started to pace back and forth. For about six hours i caught a fish on every pass, and somethimes even two or three. in the afternoon the wind whipped up, so i took about an hour or two and ate some bacon and eggs. After i got out again a guy caught about a 12 pounder (around 32 inches, a brood stock fish) from the dam, so i went and started to troll the dam, after about another 15 fish, i hooked into a fish that laughed at my 3wt, and snapped my tippet. It was big. So i caught more fish all through the evening, and then went to bed. today we got out a little bit later, and still, i caught fish, except the other lucky fly started to fall apart, and then i had to find another one, they were partial to red and orange, so i tied on an orange wooly that was in the bottom of my box. After stripping the line out and satred to tighetnn my line, i immediately connected on a good fish. The fight was a good one, got it onto the reel which had never really happened before, which was fun. I got it and onto my stripping net only measured it out at 18, it did its little death roll on my lap while i was trying to got out my forceps, and snapped off my only fly of that color. The rest of the moring went as normal, caught another 15 fish, and then packed up and left. the average trout was around 12", it was my best trip, lost count at around 70. If your ever coming up to oregon, dont look over the lakes for the more famous rivers. Highly reccomend this place, great campsites, and its great lake for the family.
Tight Lines,
Tayler Wells
A.K.A. Little Striper

Bill Kiene semi-retired
04-29-2007, 11:58 PM
http://www.fs.fed.us/r6/fishing/forests/gofishing/mth_lakes.html

Scroll down

http://www.traveloregon.com/Explore-Oregon/Mt-Hood-Columbia-River-Gorge/Outdoor-Recreation/Fishing/Fishing/Rock-Creek-Reservoir-Campground.aspx

http://outdoors.webshots.com/album/558689869HmNhNQ

Adam Grace
04-30-2007, 08:53 AM
Good to hear that you had a nice trip.....but for the love of god please, read your post and correct the errors.

I damn-near quit reading your post due to the difficulty in deciphering your errors. :lol:

TaylerW
04-30-2007, 04:11 PM
sorry adam, had the jitters, dont really know if it was from the coffee or the fact that i still had about 3 hours of homework.

jbird
04-30-2007, 09:24 PM
Tayler

Grate reporrrt! I don minde the errrorrs at al...i'mm 1 errrorr after anothr :D

Actually, the typos added certain charm to the report....too excited to fucus. :D :D 8) .....ease up there Adam :)

Jbird

Adam Grace
04-30-2007, 11:52 PM
Jbird, I think that he corrected the errors before you read his posting, it was pretty bad before.

jbird
05-01-2007, 07:27 AM
Adam

I saw the fresh report. I gotta kick out of it...it was really bad :lol: Guess I'm the type thats not bothered by it. If I was I'd be a hypocrit :D :lol:

Jay

TaylerW
05-01-2007, 09:50 PM
just to let you guys know, im not stupid, i am just terrible at typing, i actually am in AP classes. If you ever need help with a thesis just pm me.

David Lee
05-01-2007, 10:13 PM
Tayler -

Great report !!!

Sure is nice to GET 'EM , big time !!! Hope you bring the stuff to tye Orange Buggers w/ you next time :idea:

David =D>

Adam Grace
05-02-2007, 08:22 AM
Little Striper, I'm not saying that you are. You simply hurried through the typing, that's all. You typed out a nice report, the errors just made it difficult to read. Keep up the postings and hopefully we can all hear about another great fishing trip very soon.