PDA

View Full Version : "Fly Fishing California" by Ken Hanley has arrived

Bill Kiene semi-retired
04-27-2007, 10:22 PM
This is in the 'no nonsense guide' series of books.

This is a revised second edition with great maps, accurate information and great photography. I can't believe how many destinations are in this book.

If you live in California and like to fly fish you will need to buy one of these fantastic guide books @ $28.95 USD - paper back.

http://www.kiene.com/gallery/albums/Stripers/Ken_Hanley_18lb_Striper.jpg

Jay Murakoshi
05-06-2007, 01:55 PM
That photo looks familiar. 20lbs???

jay

David Lee
05-06-2007, 03:38 PM
Yeah ..... :evil:

The Twenty-pounder is in the Thirteen- pounder's belly .

I can STILL hear the three of you SCREAMING from 150 yards across the river ..... :D :D :D . What a day that one was ......

David 8)

Adam Grace
05-06-2007, 07:53 PM
I really like the new edition, very nice Ken.

SullyTM
05-07-2007, 08:20 PM
You and me both David...I still have ringing in my ears! :D

I'll have to look for the book locally...

Congrates Ken.

Thom

k.hanley
05-22-2007, 03:22 PM
Thanks Bill for your continued support (and those other scalawgs too I think????).

Since the original sold out a few editions, they asked me to do an updated version. I had no idea how much work that would take (I do now!). We decided to not only upgrade the northern waters, but wanted to include new locations throughout all of southern Cal and some of the eastern Sierra range. I asked some of my colleagues to help with that tall order. The book virtually covers all major points of the State now. There are almost twice as many locations from the first edition.

I believe a strong conservation ethic requires anglers to vary their field locations, vary their seasonal choices, and even have a willingness to lay off a specific water for a while. Knowledge of a wide base of location options brings power to control your immediate impact on the resources. I hope my book contributes to a smart angling ethic throughout California.

Enjoy! :P
Cheers, Ken