PDA

View Full Version : Even if it's on the weekend, I'm getting out.............

Bill Kiene semi-retired
04-26-2007, 11:25 PM
Arron and I will be down at Lundborg Marina, RV Park and Campground on Bethel Island in the Delta this Saturday lusting after "suicidal LMB".

We will be lurking around in my white 12' Columbia fiberglass skiff.

We might not get down there till mid-day but the plan is to be there till 'dark-thirty'.

If we catch anything you might hear the screaming almost any where in California, if your outside of coarse.

I am sacrificing an entire can of vintage premium Norwegian sardines to the fish Gods as I peck here so masterfully.

Opps....time for my meds.

JerryInLodi
04-27-2007, 05:48 AM
Bill, you should pound 'em. You'll have some pretty heavy winds around 5 pm but just duck into the marina areas and fish close to the cover and you'l be fine.

I'm going out today and I'll tell any fish I release where you're going to be and what your boat looks like.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
04-27-2007, 08:29 AM
Thanks Jerry,

We'll need all the help we can get.

David Lee
04-27-2007, 04:42 PM
Boss -

I'll burn a trophy fly in homage to the fish Gods for your trip .

Expect BLACK THUMBS come Sunday morning .

In case you're wondering .... it NEVER fails :evil:

David :ninja:

JerryInLodi
04-27-2007, 08:10 PM
Bill, if you check in before you go, the water temperature's up to 65 going on 66. The fish are close to the top although not in the full topwater mode. I caught fish using a Dahlberg diver on top and also a Puglisi bluegill pattern fished about four feet deep in the troughs.

Actually, I was kind of led astray. When I got on the water about !:00 pm the tide was just right for stripers in the main San Joaquin. I just couldn't resist. Ended up sticking six including a seven pounder in about two hours so by the time I started LMB fishing the tide was well on the way out.

The predicted wind did not materialize, hope the same for you.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
04-27-2007, 09:40 PM
Andy fixed up some top water hairbugs for us today.

http://www.umpqua.com/images/PRODUCT/medium/128.jpg

He also sketched me a map and convinced me to launch at Wimpy's for LMB and Stripers.

From Sacramento it is a lot closer than Bethel Island.

JerryInLodi
04-28-2007, 06:40 AM
Bill, if you head up river from Wimpy's you might bring some shad flies along as well and go for the triple play.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
04-28-2007, 08:14 AM
Good Jerry,

That would be the Delta "Grand Slam"?

LMB, Striper & Shad in one day.