PDA

View Full Version : Cameron Park Report

SuperFlyGuy
04-25-2007, 07:22 AM
After being skunked at Watt, I was in search for redemption.

Spend a nice quiet afternoon for my first trip to Cameron Park. The Bass are still in the shallows, but VERY spooky. Had to do a lot of commando style casting with my 3wt behind tules and the like. Lots of geese! They were all hissing at me and I nearly @#$@#$ myself when false casting while moving sideways next to a prospective mother guarding her nest. I appologized and moved on...

I was the only fly guy there. Had the whole pond to explore and made an entire site fishing trip along the lake perimeter.

Lots of small fish about, no topwater in the early afternooon. Did the olive damsel thing. Worked like a charm. 4 hours of fishing yeilded about 15 or so of these little guys. Mixed in with the occasional blue gill, this was lots fun on a 3 wt . Couldnt stay till dark, but they were going for damsel/dragons all day.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/214/472421560_e1fc954880.jpg
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/178/472421558_a144c42cc0.jpg

Darian
04-25-2007, 07:51 AM
Those are some nice Bass. Especially on a 3 wt rod. 8) 8) I don't see a smile on your face, tho. :? :? It must be a Zen thing.... :lol: :lol:

Bill Kiene semi-retired
04-25-2007, 09:06 AM
Brett Humphries and I were casting a crisp action TFO 7'6" #3 - 2pc rod ($89) with a WF4F on it outisde the shop recently.

I can see that with small "bugs" that could really be fun on panfish and smaller bass plus it's a nice small stream trout rod.

SuperFlyGuy
04-25-2007, 10:28 AM
Darian:

Yeah, its my new fishing technique.. Yoga Fly Fishing. You must fish expressionless.. You must stand in a "Tree Pose" whilste performing a single spey. The fish are so amused, they bite your fly out of comedy. :P :P

Bill:

Yeah my TFO 3wt is my go to rod now for small streams like Putah, and when going for panfish/bass. Its perfect also for backpacking/ hiking trips as a 4 peice and tucks neatly under my vest. I really like the action and line control I get from TFO products. Proved usefull casting in between tulles and into small clearings in aquatic growth.

When I first cast them, I was skeptical because of their price, but those little puppies can shoot line out like spaghetti and delicately land on the water surface for a perfect presentation. What more could you ask for in a 3 wt? :o

Im looking to replace my 6 wt Sage with another TFO product. Maybe the TiCRx :?: