PDA

View Full Version : Get in line for razor clams....and how not to kill a budgie

OregonSalmon
04-24-2007, 12:06 PM
My mind might be lost but I still feel compassion for those less fortunate souls living about Sacramento. For atonment of my growing insanity I will be shipping down razor clams to Kiene's fridge and it will be first come first served. I'm hoping to get a razor clam riot in the fly shop. Hoping it will be worse than Boris Yeltsin pinching the Queens ass.

On the budgie front: the love of my life is a chat pal in Glasgow and her mother has the worst times dispatching the pets. The first was a goldfish who she had decided was in pain so she tossed it on the lawn figuring the sun would put it out of its misery. Didn't work so she buried it alive. Then the budgie looked like it was in pain so once again it was time to meet his maker. The game plan this time: gas. She blew out pilot lights in a gas stove and in went the budgie. Scottish food is bad enough but this was over the top. She and her friend figure the budgie is dead, open up the oven and the bird is still kickin'. The new game plan: drown the budgie. This scheme doesn't work. Gassed, drown and the bird is not going quietly into the night. Then the husband comes home, sees this ongoing tradegy and rings the bird's neck. Finally an ex-budgie.

The moral to the story: don't look ill in Glasgow.

David Lee
04-24-2007, 05:10 PM
I guess some folks shouldn't have pets !

NOW - time for stupid questions !!

Galen - can you tell me how the Clams will travel (no , dammit .... not by bus/plane/etc. ...) ?? Frozen shucked , or in shell ?? I've eaten quite a few bivalve mollusks before ... but I don't think I've yet chowed on Razors .

In return , of course .... I'd be happy to send (in a few months) a jar of pickled Caribbean Red Habaneros - they are not very common and pretty HOT but quite flavorful .... Grownig Chillis and Eggplants is a hobby of mine .

David :)

OregonSalmon
04-25-2007, 10:01 AM
David,
The clams are cleaned and frozen. Razors are the king of clams; very mild. They don't need a lot of cooking for they turn to leather, especially the necks.

Eggplant and chilies eh...used to have a big garden and grew both. We had this strain of peppers, I believe it was a cayenne we would pickle and they were outstanding. They were picked green, in the first week since any color of yellow to them made them way too hot. People I hadn't seen in a year would oddly enough call me in the fall and ask "oh...and by the way....do you have any of those peppers? After a few years I got smart and said "hey look....if you want peppers you at least have to put out the effort to help me pick them you lazy rat bastard!!! Began to get some mild help.

You are tops on the razor clam list David. First pick in the razor clam draft.

------'if the president does it, then that makes it legal"-------Dick Nixion

David Lee
04-25-2007, 05:33 PM
Thanks , GG !!

Cleaned already ?? I'll get started on chopping the Garlic =P~ .

David :)