PDA

View Full Version : Trees win 6 - 1

Nip Hadlock
04-23-2007, 01:48 PM
Got back out to the local bass pond...bank fishing.
Had a few follows by some big looking bass...but no takes... :?
I had what looked like a monster follow a mouse in but didn't take...then mousey jumped into a tree on the next adreniline supplimented back cast :x
Did that little trick 6 different times... :oops: Maybe learning to tie would be cheaper! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Gotta get that float tube valve fixed! :!:
Did manage one little bass so the new net smells a little fishy 8)

Hairstacker
04-23-2007, 02:08 PM
Did manage one little bass so the new net smells a little fishy

Definitely something to be said for gear that comes home smelling fishy. I point it out to my family on occasion -- "Hey, smell this! ISN'T THAT COOL?!?" -- but they don't seem to appreciate it like I do. :lol:

By the way, learning to tie won't be cheaper (as you're likely to go out of control with it like the rest of us) but it may make fishing more fun! :D

Darian
04-23-2007, 02:56 PM
Hey Nip,.... If you were fishing from a float tube and hanging up in the trees, you were casting in the wrong direction.... :lol: :lol: :lol: (I know,... you were bank fishin' but I couldn't resist. The Devil made me do it. :roll: :roll: )

It may not be cheaper to tie your own bugs but it certainly it more fun.... :D :D :D

Nip Hadlock
04-23-2007, 05:50 PM
Oh...and while I was tying on another tree catcher a very large carp cruised by me. :shock:
He just sorta looked at me and my 6 wt and kept cruising...I swear I heard him chuckle... :eek:
I did pick up a new float tube valve...payback is near! :twisted:

David Lee
04-23-2007, 05:54 PM
I did pick up a new float tube valve...payback is near! :twisted:

You fix 'em good , Nip :twisted: !!

BTW , great to finally meet you ! Hope you can come up and play soon .... :!:

David :D

Nip Hadlock
04-26-2007, 08:02 AM
Got back out to the spot for an hour or so after work last night... 8)
Caught and released 2 live oaks and one sub 6" blue gill... :roll:
It was the first blue gill of the year though! :)
I could sight cast to several large looking bass that were mostly holding their ground and refusing everythiing I floated over or drifted by them... :?
btw: I explained my valve problem to an Outcast customer service guy and he's mailing me a gratis adapter! :D Great customer service...especially since he knew I bought hte tube second hand! =D>