PDA

View Full Version : The Expo

Ed Wahl
04-21-2007, 08:13 PM
Finished the river clean up in Auburn around noon, got to the Expo around 1ish. Excellent time there. Got to meet some board members,putting faces to names is always a treat. Once we all got together(thanks David) we kind of gummed up the area by the tying tables. Nice to see Bluegrass Bill again, and finally meet the legendary Dana. Never made it to the other tying room, so I only saw Jay and Ken working their magic at the vise. Thanks for putting it on Bill, it was a very informative and entertaining afternoon. Ed

Bluegrass Bill
04-21-2007, 09:51 PM
Hey Ed and all at the expo,

My time was somewhat limited at the expo but it was a lot of fun to see old friends and meet some new ones as well. I sure wish I had a better memory as it seems I forget names until I can make the connection at least a couple times.

Good to see you Ed and David Lee there as well. Way to go you two for helping out on the river cleanup. Thanks Ed for the compliment on my “legendary Dana” :) . She gave it a shot in the ladies casting competition but the wind seemed to be against her today. It seemed like every time she started casting during her competition, there were big gusts of wind that really caused her trouble. I am proud of her :D however for giving it a shot. Nice to see you Nancy and Dana and I look forward to some of the the future Lady bug fly fishing club events.

Wish I could have stuck around a little longer to watch the tying etc. Mike, good to see you and thanks for the encouragement and help you have provided on wrapping my new rod. Nice to see you again Ken. Sorry I didn't get a chance to chat with you Jay. Rickey, nice to meet you and thanks for sharing a few words of wisdom on the kayak fishing. Hope we get a chance to get the kayaks out on the water together someday.

Darwin, my retired fellow NRCSer and friend, good to see you. One of these days we'll get out to fish also. Dave Berry from El Dorado Hills, nice to meet you. Joe ?, nice to see you again, hope I remember you name and face next time. Finally thanks to Bill for putting it on. Always informative and fun to attend these events.

Best Wishes and tight lines to all :) !

Bill

David Lee
04-22-2007, 07:53 AM
Screaming good fun !

For myself ...... it's kind of amazing that a flyshop/BB can move out of being a retail shop/page on the computer and become almost a club . I get to see world-class tyers , lots of new gear , and visit w/ old friends and meet new friends .

The sense of community at the Expo is overwhelming . Almost to the point of feeling like I'm a member of a huge family . It's hard to overstate how much I enjoy this event ......

Thanks to all who attended and presented , and to everyone I was lucky enough to visit with . And Mr. and Mrs. BOSS (the Kienes) for being so kind to provide me with an expanded social life here . The staff was great !!

The down side ??? As usual , missing the chance to chatter with more folks . Next year this will change - I've asked Bill for our own Kienes BB table , so board members can pick up nametags and have a place to connect/identify fellow boardies . My goal for the 2008 Expo will be to meet YOU - the people that make this THE BEST FORUM ON THE PLANET !!

Also .... Thank you to whoever donated the raffle prizes - my insane raffle luck held over from last year .... I won a Rio flyline and a Simms bottle !

David :D :D :D :D :D

Hairstacker
04-23-2007, 02:35 PM
Having been to the last 2, I already knew I was going to miss a great time by not making this one but, alas, I could not make it. Sure glad to hear everyone had a grand time though. :)

BigBuddha
04-23-2007, 09:15 PM
That is a great idea David! :D