PDA

View Full Version : Rogue River Steelhead House for Sale

Langenbeck
04-19-2007, 05:38 PM
We are building a new house here in Grants Pass and have just put our place on the market. For you that follow this board you know that more than a few steelhead have come out from behind the house. Price $675,000. 3 bedrooms, 2 baths, 2644 square feet, ..65 acres and an absolutely breath taking setting complete with fish pond and boat dock. Realtor is Kendon Leet at kendon@kendonleet.com or phone 541-956-8582. Please see classified for complete details.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/gordonl/HouseCollage.jpg[/img]

sculpin
04-19-2007, 07:02 PM
Sheesh Gordon why would you want to move? :shock: I hope you found a better fishing hole.

Mark

jhaquett
04-19-2007, 07:04 PM
Wow, maybe once I am out of med school! :lol:

You can get about a 1700 sq ft, 1/3 acre lot house in a mid-class cookie cutter style neighborhood here in Chico for that price! Stupid California. :shock:

SteelieD
04-19-2007, 07:57 PM
Gordon, I sure hope your new place has as spectacular a backyard as this! Good luck to you!

Hairstacker
04-19-2007, 08:09 PM
Gordon, I just can't imagine why on earth you're changing anything. . . . What, getting tired of mowing such a big backyard? :lol:

dtp916
04-19-2007, 11:39 PM
Wow, I would definitely love to live there...

Too bad I'm another college kid. :? :lol:

Langenbeck
04-21-2007, 07:16 PM
Here is the web site for the house: http://www.kendonleet.com/Nav.aspx/Page=/About/Default.aspx

Chris
04-22-2007, 05:46 AM
Here is the web site for the house: http://www.kendonleet.com/Nav.aspx/Page=/About/Default.aspx

Gordon, there is a Classified section of this web site. Respectfully, the point of this forum is really about fishing and fisheries.

Langenbeck
04-22-2007, 10:37 AM
Chris: I am aware there is a classified section to this board. Matter of fact my post in this section says please go to classified for details.

Since all steelheaders don't necessarily read the classified at least wanted to highlight in the section that was most applicable to the property(Steelhead/Salmon) and then refer those more interested to the Classified Section for details. Have provided many, many pictures to the Steelhead Section over the years so though this was an appropriate section to highlight the property.

Nip Hadlock
04-22-2007, 11:34 AM
Gordon;
You are the Rock Star of the steelhead section...you've earned the photons...post away and good luck with the house...if it were only 3-4 years from now I'd be after it!
Nip

Matthewc
04-22-2007, 12:12 PM
Yes before I say this I will admit im totaly jealus but umm, so because if has a tiny bit of river frontage [.65]it is 350,000$ dollars overpriced? or does the grass do all that? .65 3 bedroom...675,000$ gotta love america? All do respect :D

How does that work? or does it? Yes I know some rich California invester will buy it for a summer vacation house with pocket petty cash...All do respect :D

Just kind of getting bummed out that my young wife and I work hard as heck and will never afford a house on a crick because of folks driving the bar way to darn high these days. Its like gas prices, if we continue to let it happen, it will happen..Guess you got the right to do that..Hats off to ya , NIce place, your out of your mind for even wanting to sell it for any amount. All do respect :D Peace

Chris
04-22-2007, 01:22 PM
Chris: I am aware there is a classified section to this board. Matter of fact my post in this section says please go to classified for details.

Since all steelheaders don't necessarily read the classified at least wanted to highlight in the section that was most applicable to the property(Steelhead/Salmon) and then refer those more interested to the Classified Section for details. Have provided many, many pictures to the Steelhead Section over the years so though this was an appropriate section to highlight the property.

In my mind, it is still a classified post in the steelhead section (particularly if there's a "for sale" in the title). If I was interested in riverfront property, this would be one of the last places I would look. Applying your logic would be if I had a reel that has caught many a steelhead and I'll post it here to sell since "its related to steelhead fishing".

jbird
04-22-2007, 03:30 PM
Chris

In this case you have to look at the history of the poster. Gordon has been a member of this site for a long time and has graced us with pictures of a multitude of steelhead caught in the backyard of this very property.
If you dont like what he posted, dont read it. If you think the link is inapropriate, dont click on it. Gordon is a friend of this site and is simply sharing a new chapter in his life...as well as offering an opportunity to buy his property...IMHO.
If you ever thumb through flyfisherman magazine, youll see classifieds for waterfront homes on productive waters....usually for 2-4 times the price gordon is asking.

Jay

PS Good luck Gordon :D

Chris
04-22-2007, 09:45 PM
Jay,
I'm not picking on Gordon in particular, rather that in many other boards people who post something for sale on a topic discussion forum have their post moved to the "For Sale" or "Classified" section. Again if I apply the logic that something I use or have has something to do with catching a lot of fish, then I and others are free to ignore the "Classified" section and post at will in a discussion forum to sell that particular item.

Mindful of David's comment, I was fully aware that Gordon posted in the Classified. I'm just not sure that everyone who has something to sell posting here to highlight that he has a listing in the classifieds.

David Lee
04-22-2007, 10:01 PM
Jay,
I'm not picking on Gordon in particular, rather that in many other boards people who post something for sale on a topic discussion forum have their post moved to the "For Sale" or "Classified" section. Again if I apply the logic that something I use or have has something to do with catching a lot of fish, then I and others are free to ignore the "Classified" section and post at will in a discussion forum to sell that particular item.

Chris -

The post is in the classified section .

Good luck with the sale Gordon , and thanks for all the reports from the front yard . Hope the new place is as nice as the old one .

David :)

jhaquett
04-23-2007, 12:45 AM
Chris

Maybe you should stick with the Washington Fly Fishing Forum man. Gordon has the right to post anything, anywhere.

Chris
04-23-2007, 01:53 PM
Fair enough Darian, response deleted. :)

Darian
04-23-2007, 02:48 PM
Chris,.... Thanks. No use in keeping this post either.... That sure was a great bunch of questions/response on your Downstreamer topic. :) :)

Chris
04-24-2007, 08:21 AM
Chris

Maybe you should stick with the Washington Fly Fishing Forum man. Gordon has the right to post anything, anywhere.

jkhaqett:

Mindful of Darian's guidance, I just want to say that you have missed my point, particularly on your "anything, anywhere" comment.

Digger
04-24-2007, 10:51 AM
Yes before I say this I will admit im totaly jealus but umm, so because if has a tiny bit of river frontage [.65]it is 350,000$ dollars overpriced? or does the grass do all that? .65 3 bedroom...675,000$ gotta love america? All do respect :D

How does that work? or does it? Yes I know some rich California invester will buy it for a summer vacation house with pocket petty cash...All do respect :D

Just kind of getting bummed out that my young wife and I work hard as heck and will never afford a house on a crick because of folks driving the bar way to darn high these days. Its like gas prices, if we continue to let it happen, it will happen..Guess you got the right to do that..Hats off to ya , NIce place, your out of your mind for even wanting to sell it for any amount. All do respect :D Peace

Supply and demand.
Your kids will be saying similar things 20 yrs from now.
( with All do respect).

Darian
04-24-2007, 12:37 PM
I've been watching my son and his new wife try to save enough money to buy a house and it's painfull at times.... Digger's right, tho. 8) 8) 8)

Digger
04-25-2007, 06:57 AM
Chris

In this case you have to look at the history of the poster. Gordon has been a member of this site for a long time and has graced us with pictures of a multitude of steelhead caught in the backyard of this very property.

Jay

I guess I missed this rule when I signed on. :roll: