PDA

View Full Version : Well, it's bass season again and I'm back - but the WIND!!!!

Richard
04-17-2007, 04:51 PM
Well. it top water bass time again in the Delta, or it's supposed to be. I went up today and the wind was so high even wind surfers were in hiding. :lol: I did some work on my boat and then went golfing to avoid drowning. :D Next Tuesday I'm going out with Kevin for a full day to get the season off right. Everyone saw the article in Fly Fisherman Magazine, right. :?: I'll let you know how it goes.

David Lee
04-17-2007, 05:46 PM
Good to see you again Richard !!

Ahhhh , yes ..... the wind . I figure the fish are out of it , and it creates nice mud lines to chuck into ..... not so bad .

So far this year , I've done three trips where it was so rough in the tube .... I almost puked :puke: . Haven't zapped myself w/ the fly or line yet (yup ... fingers are crossed) .

Have you heard from Newman ?? Tell him time for Shad is close , so keep a weekend open :!:

David :D :D :D

Hairstacker
04-17-2007, 06:05 PM
Hi Richard, it's definitely great to hear from you again!! Yep, the wind is THE reason I don't consider spring my favorite time of year on the Delta. I know the fishing can be great but the wind can drive you to . . . stay home. :( Can't wait to hear how next Tuesday turns out for you. 8) 8) 8)

JerryInLodi
04-18-2007, 07:47 AM
The evaporation from the high winds and low daytime temperatures have dropped delta water temperatures to below the 60 degree mark, a drop of 3-4 degrees. I've been able to get out and fish for LMB on the few occasions when the wind wasn't blowing the tops off the waves. Fishing has slowed down tremendously from a week and a half ago. Fish were feeding aggressively on top of the weeds until this recent weather change. Now it seems they're dug in deep.

If heading to the delta I'd suggest looking for a day with morning high tides. Fish from daybreak until about 11, that's when the wind picks up.

It doesn't look like we'll get any breaks in the next week and it will take another week or so to warm the water when the good weather does come.

Summer IS coming; we just can't rush Mother Nature.

In the mean time, we do have some shad to harass!

Bill Kiene semi-retired
04-18-2007, 08:06 AM
Hi Richard,

What were you doing this past winter?

Richard
04-19-2007, 05:18 PM
Unfortunately spending a lot of it in bed. :( But I am now up and about and hoping to stay that way. [-o< Let the fishing begin. =D>