PDA

View Full Version : The Big Lewinsky

OregonSalmon
04-13-2007, 11:23 PM
Ah fellas,
The Great Northwest has brought me to my knees. Water still falls from the sky, cars demand my demise, steelhead have outsmarted me, beautiful woman plus now the demonstrably ugly ones will have no part of my being, and the clams are digging faster to China than a Walmart supplier. Small children throw rocks at me. Wet dogs shake on me. Worst news of all: my mother says she still loves me. Whadda I gotta do to get this woman off my back!!!!!!

Once again I'm lyin' except for the fishing report. Slow year for the winter fish. But, when you tie flies for six hours a day while listening to political talk on the radio you come up with some odd ideas. That combo would skew any brain. Hell, in the day, Einstien would have been hitting up Frued for mental tips. Anywhoo, my idea is to fish the lower Columbia for summer run steelhead with a fly off the islands. If this works, I'll look like a genuis and a crazy bastard. Always a good mix, especially in Cajun cooking.

Tough times.....tough times.....

Bill Kiene semi-retired
04-14-2007, 08:04 AM
Hello Son, It's Papa! I still love you too.

I heard about those Summer-Runs hold up on the lower Columbia a few years back somehow. They said they were using shooting heads for them?

I've gone over to the 'dark side' hitting a few buckets of balls and trying those long Spey rods too, but nothing seems to help in my old age.

OregonSalmon
04-15-2007, 08:31 AM
Wilbur,
I don't think these fish hold up on the Lower Columbia, more of getting them on the pass. Have a couple of buddies who have plunked off the lower islands (just upstream from Astoria) for years so I figure I'll just cast the biggest damn thing I can cast. Zig has these incredible string leeches that came out of China so if I can figure out how they tied them that will be my first choice. What the hay...bring a sturgeon rod and a lawn chair when my arm gets tired. All sorts of hoodo and voodo to try on the islands.