PDA

View Full Version : Lafayette Reservoir

SullyTM
04-11-2007, 08:00 AM
Christened the "Hairstacker" inflatable kayak at the Lafayette Reservoir...Windy, cold winds made for a challenging AM. The trout and bass bite has been "on" the past couple of weeks. Tossed about a dozen different flies on the 6 weight and managed a few hits and two bass to hand! Got the bass on a chartreuse/black Tap's Bug and a olive green furry foam dragonfly nymph. Used Captain Jerry's Jurgler and it performed well. I found that working tullies produced the best results. When I switched to trout flies I didn't have that much success...probably wasn't getting it deep enough. I did manage one good hook-up...one above water leap and then it broke off.

Later...

David Lee
04-11-2007, 08:26 AM
Good stuff !!

Got a photo of the FF Dragon ?

David :D

Hairstacker
04-11-2007, 09:02 AM
Woo hoo! Way to go Thom, sounds like you were getting 'em on top! 8) 8) 8)

Yep, the winds are the one thing that often bum me about fishing this area in the spring. :(

SullyTM
04-11-2007, 07:50 PM
David...Go to Fly Anglers Online and access the Fly Archives. Search: Furry Foam Dragon for step by step instructions. :D

Mike...First time on a large open body of H2O. I've only used it at the local pond and on a stretch of the Pacheco Slough. It beats walking :lol:

Later...