PDA

View Full Version : What's up Geller?

Bill Kiene semi-retired
04-07-2007, 09:16 AM
Galen,

What's up in "Tropical" Seaside, Oregon?

You should be seeing a hint of Spring up that why.

Fresh Asparagus is in the markets now.

We had some really big Artichokes lately too.

I remember those lovely mild green little chilies you and your dad use to grow and can down here in Sacto. Wow they were unreal.

Are you growning anything in Seaside beside moss?

Darian
04-07-2007, 08:42 PM
It's fitting that this question should arise while I'm getting my comedy fix while watching The Big Lebowski (....where the Dude abides). Actually, Galen is probably out looking for springers, clamming or gathering mushrooms for a seance.... 8) 8) :lol: :lol: :lol:

aaron
04-07-2007, 08:56 PM
This agression will not stand man!

Darian
04-07-2007, 09:48 PM
Aaron, :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

bigtj
04-08-2007, 08:18 AM
The most important "crop" up there right now are the steelhead, which are agressively makin' babies as we speak. When I was up there before the end of the steelhead season it was a joy watching those big natives on their beds. Definitely a site to see and brings hope for future seasons.

OregonSalmon
04-13-2007, 10:46 PM
Billy and boys,
Sorry for not checking in for a bit. I was trying to stay one step ahead of the power and phone company but lagged just a bit yet all is well. Funny story: I'm trying to convince the power company the check is in the mail (which it was for once) and they run me through some hoops so I have to head to my buddies house to clear things up. On the way I see a power guy taking his break and ask "hey buddy, are you here to shut off my power...I was a bit late on paying and can you call someone not to shut off my power for the next two days? He answers "late on paying....well hell....usually we don't shut off your power...we just kick your ass and take whatever money you have!!!! I'm getting my juice from the Gambino Power Company!!!

Life, as always, is tough on the beach. Those clams are digging faster or I'm getting slower. Steelhead are getting smarter or I'm getting dumber. Small children beat me up and all wet dogs shake on me. Sheet.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
04-14-2007, 08:09 AM
Hay 'Buddy"

Did you ever fine out how, when and where to hook (on a fly naturally) a Searun Cut up your way?

OregonSalmon
04-19-2007, 10:25 AM
Billy,
On the cutts, we have a good March brown hatch which will work on the fish. Also, a buddy of mine watched a guy pulling some large type of bass fly across the surface and nailed one. Might have to give it a whirl. Last time I went cutthroat fishing an incredibly large crawdad nearly severed my index finger and my buddy was bit by a yellowjacket on his bald head. I decided that evening that them 'thar fish had it in for me. Sea run cutts: the Moby Dicks of the trout world.

Darian
04-19-2007, 12:52 PM
Once again when something about Galen comes up, I'm viewing one of my favorite comedy videos: The Corsican Brothers (a la Cheech & Chong). Is there a connection :?: :?: :?: Is Galen really mssr. Phuckair in disguise :?: :?: I think not.... But, he does appear to've had a few contacts with cutthroats and other brigands.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

OregonSalmon
04-20-2007, 07:35 AM
Darian,
From tradegy comes comedy and I'm one tragic figure right now; back is killing me from digging clams and guess where I'm headed right now.....you got it....to the beach to dig clams. I say screw it!!! If I have to live in pain I might as well have clams in the fridge. Plus there is more blue sky out there in the history of Oregon so even if I have to friggin' crawl I'm going. The beach is like the tavern these days; I walk in but crawl out.
Speaking of clams, I have a buddy who is insane enough to want to move to Sacramento for a few months so I'm gonna have him deliver some frozen razors to Kiene's and if you aren't allergic to shellfish one bag will have your name on it. Once again I have purpose in life. It is a sadistic back hurting purpose but in a decade or two it will have made sense.

Them clams aren't nazis but I'm hitting the beach anyway. Clams to dig, wet dogs to pet, tourists to confuse. It is a full calender.

----"Illinois nazis.....I hate Illinois nazis".....John Belushi in the Blues Brothers

Bill Kiene semi-retired
04-20-2007, 08:33 AM
Sounds like good exercise anyway.

Darian
04-20-2007, 03:43 PM
Clammin' is still one of my favorite activities. Somethin'sensual about all that mud (especially when there's some naked women rasslin' in it). :lol: :lol: :lol:

I just had a gastronimical treat from the past (blast, more like....). had one of my pickled eggs that's been around for awhile. Forgot how powerfull those things become if left alone for a lengthy period. :shock:

Just think much fermentation will be taking place between now and tomorrow at the Expo.... MMM, MMM, Good. [-o< [-o<

OregonSalmon
04-21-2007, 07:50 AM
My dad used to eat those Chinese "Hundred Year Old Eggs", the ones that are black. Don't know how they make them but my best guess is they bury the egg for a couple of decades, then drag them through the Yangzee for a week, three more decades in the ground, then pickle them. It was traumatizing as a kid to watch him eat them. Around the dinner table we would build our Great Wall Of China with cereal boxes so we wouldn't have to watch. The man created "Fear Factor" thirty nine years before anyone even thought of it.

Clams will be on there way down south so get on the list early and often. I'm off to clean yesterdays limit, then, oddly enough, go dig todays. The cycle isn't just vicsious, it is Syd Viscous!!