PDA

View Full Version : my first Canon.

Rob
04-07-2007, 12:43 AM
Well i just bought the new Nikon 40d and used a week and returned it
It was a OK camera but the reason i got the Nikon over a canon was that I could use my vivitar series #1 Nikon mount lens on it. Well no mater what i did it would not take good photos with that lens .even though it was perfectly focus in the view finder. I Had to use manual with this lens and the camera has a range finder that is suppose to help focus when on manual. But Nothing worked , I tried with a tripod and the self timer on and the mirro locked in the up possition and still the photos were blurred. I tried 200 to 1600 ISO settings and fast shutter speeds and still no luck. I don't understand why the photos would be blurred when the view through the eyepiece the photos were in perfect focus. So I just bought a canon 20 D. I know a few people who just love them and I saved a few $$ ( a lot ) over buying the 30D. hope to get out and use it soon .

Adam Grace
04-07-2007, 08:43 AM
Rob, the 20D is a great camera, enjoy!

bolden
04-07-2007, 08:27 PM
I have no problem manual focusing macro's, but once the subject gets further away i get fooled a lot. They look good
on the lcd but on the computer they are horrible. Anyway, manual focusing on any of the consumer bodies is quite
tough at normal ranges due to the small viewfinder. Autofocus is a nice thing.

You should be happy with your new body.

By the way, what vivitar lens do you have?

Rob
04-07-2007, 10:35 PM
I have no problem manual focusing macro's, but once the subject gets further away i get fooled a lot. They look good
on the lcd but on the computer they are horrible. Anyway, manual focusing on any of the consumer bodies is quite
tough at normal ranges due to the small viewfinder. Autofocus is a nice thing.

You should be happy with your new body.

By the way, what vivitar lens do you have?

I have Vivitar Series #1 75-210 mm with Maco.
It was made in 1975 or 76 . Its a awesome lens and worked great on my Nikon f2. But for some reason my new Nikon could not produce a focused picture with this lens. I tried it from 75mm to 210mm and Macro and all the shots were still way out of focus . :( They are Cristal clear through the eye peace/view finder but when you look at them on the LCD or my computer they were horrible .

I am looking forward to using my Canon 20 D .
As soon as I get some extra $$$ ( :?: ) I hope to get a telephoto lens.
I have a very patient wife but I don't want to push it !! I have bought 3 shot guns , 3 Muzzle loaders and tons of hunting gear since we moved here and a lab pup . :roll: He is now 9 months and a Monster !!!

[

Amador01
04-11-2007, 08:45 AM
Unlike any other Nikon, The d40 does not have an internal auto-focus motor so you are required to use modern lenses that have sophisticated AF motors built in.

Congratulations on your new camera!

Rob
04-11-2007, 09:29 AM
Unlike any other Nikon, The d40 does not have an internal auto-focus motor so you are required to use modern lenses that have sophisticated AF motors built in.

I tried the Nikon on Manuel and used the range finder to help me focus the photos but they still very blurred. :shock: I think it should have work . :?: I tried everything I could think of with no luck. :shock: I was very surprised that I could not get a focused photo because they were perfectly focused throught the view finder . I am sure i was doing everything right but I feel something was wrong with the camera. I explained what I was doing to the store owner where I bought the camera . He also tried my lens on the camera with no luck. We both were stumped!! :(
I also had problems with the stock lens while taking close up photos they also were very blurred .

The Camera took great scenery photos . :D

Rob
04-11-2007, 01:07 PM
[quote=Amador01]Unlike any other Nikon, The d40 does not have an internal auto-focus motor so you are required to use modern lenses that have sophisticated AF motors built in.

I tried the Nikon on Manuel and used the range finder to help me focus the photos but they still very blurred. :shock: I think it should have work . :?: I tried everything I could think of with no luck. :shock: I was very surprised that I could not get a focused photo because they were perfectly focused throught the view finder . I am sure i was doing everything right but I feel something was wrong with the camera. I explained what I was doing to the store owner where I bought the camera . He also tried my lens on the camera with no luck. We both were stumped!! :(
I also had problems with the stock lens while taking close up photos they also were very blurred .