PDA

View Full Version : Kiene's Fly Shop Annual Expo is April 21, Saturday this year

Bill Kiene semi-retired
04-05-2007, 09:45 AM
It will be inside the shop and out in rear parking lot on April 21, Saturday from 9:00am till 5:00pm.

As usual we will have many top fly fishing celebrities and fly tiers like Ken Hanley, Jay Murakoshi, Jay Fair, John Razanych, Rickey Noel Mitchell, Bob Scheidt, Lincoln Gray, Gary McConnell, Chuck Echer, Terry Eggleston and Jeff Putnam.

Most all the major fly fishing manufacturers representatives will be there with their new lines of great products for 2007. You can get really accurate technical information from them, one on one.

We will have a casting pond so you can try many of the new rods on the water.

There will be a series of fly casting contests for the general public with great prizes for the winners.

We will have lots of top raffle prizes donated by the manufacturers, factory reps, fly tiers and guides.

We will have some top fly tiers that you can sit across from and ask questions about their particular fly tying expertise.

Most of the local fly fishing clubs will be there too.

Some of our top local fly fishing guides will be attending as well. You can "talk turkey" with them about the fisheries they guide.

We will have free hot dogs, chips, bottled water and cold sodas for lunch so bring the entire family.

k.hanley
04-05-2007, 01:17 PM
Bring it on buddy! It's always a great day. Gotta tank up on the coffee for the early morning drive.
Cheers, ken

Jay Murakoshi
04-05-2007, 10:33 PM
:D Early morning. I just a short drive for you. I usually pick up a 4 shot expresso and then get another one on Howe Ave. Last time when I was going home from the Warm Water expo, I bit the bullet and got a 5 shot with a little coffee added for flavor. I didn't sleep that night. Great way to tie flies :shock:

For those of you who emailed me wanting me to tie up the sea habit, well I'll try. What you don't want to see the flying deer hair. =;

Jay

Steve Potter
04-06-2007, 10:05 PM
Jay-
I would like to join you guys this year but made a comittment in Idaho. I know it will be a great show just with the great tiers that are listed on the
ad in Calif. Fly Fisher. Try to keep your tying area free of deer hair not like tthe Warmwater Expo, we needed shovels to get out of the place.
Enjoy

Steve

Bill Kiene semi-retired
04-07-2007, 09:11 AM
After it's all set up and running (9:00am) I really enjoy that day myself seeing lots of old friends and making some new ones.

Rickey Noel Mitchell
04-08-2007, 07:23 AM
I scheduled the Expo in this time last year, so I'm there, Vice, kayaks, Canoe and all.

Rick J
04-10-2007, 12:07 PM
Bill - sorry I will miss it (kinda) but Bruce and I will be on our last day fishing at Nicholas Dean Lodge - hopefully tied to a 20# chrome bullet!!!!

Bill Kiene semi-retired
04-16-2007, 09:34 PM
Thats an acceptable excuse Rick.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
04-16-2007, 09:34 PM
Don't forget that this coming Saturday, April 21 is our annual Expo.

http://www.kiene.com/expo/index.htm

mako
04-17-2007, 04:15 AM
Those Expo's sound like a fantastic place to check out some new stuff and have a good chin wag.
Wish they had those down here!!.
I would love to be there,but it is just a bit far to swim!!
Have a great day everyone!! :D

Adam Grace
04-17-2007, 10:48 PM
Crazy enough, I ill be in Sac for Saturday for a 25th Wedding Anniversary party, I WILL be able to stop by the Expo.

I'm very excited to visit with my Kiene's friends on Saturday. Hopefully I will see many of you there early Saturday, 9am - 11am

Bill Kiene semi-retired
04-18-2007, 08:12 AM
One of our past employees, Brett Humphries, is going to be here too.

Brett moved to Austin, TX where his parents live and he is doing well now selling real estate. Already bought a house.

He is also chasing Redfish when he can down on the gulf.

Adam Grace
04-18-2007, 10:14 PM
Well Bill, you may just barely dodge some rain this year, I just checked out weather.com and it shows that there should be a break in the rainshowers for Saturday...but I'll bring my jacket anyways.

Here's me crossing my fingers for no rain X X

Bill Kiene semi-retired
04-20-2007, 08:38 AM
Looks like it might not rain till after the event is over.

Yahoo............

Lee Haskin
04-20-2007, 10:03 AM
Hi Bill, and everyone.

Unfortunately, I will miss the "Big Event" this year, but I'm sure you will all have a great time!

Bill, you have quite a line-up of tying talent this year, and it looks to be another winner! :shock:

Were you able to stock up on Seel Fiber from Doug's Bugs?

See you all sometime soon!

Lee Haskin

Bluegrass Bill
04-20-2007, 02:49 PM
Hey Bill and everybody,

I look forward to seeing folks tomorrow at Bill’s (Kiene’s fly shop) expo :) . My wife Dana will also be attending and she plans to do a little casting in what I guess will be a little women’s competition. She and I recently joined the ladybug fly fishing club which encourages women and couples to fly fish and participate in their activities. So far Dana and I are very impressed with the club and look forward to upcoming club fishing activities.

Nancy Zeigler, the club president asked Dana if she would cast for the club at Bill’s event so she said ok. Dana is not really into competition to much but this will be for fun. Here is a picture of her casting from her kayak up on East Lake in Oregon. Hope to see lots of familiar faces there. I know it will be fun.

Bill, if you would like to have a little Bluegrass Music there to share with the group there I would be happy to donate a copy of our band’s CD for you to plug in if you have a little sound system :) . I got pretty good reviews from Ken Hanley who I provided a copy for recently right Ken? Look forward to seeing you there as well Ken.

Best Wishes to all :) !

Bill

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n12/BluegrassBill/20danafishing.jpg

Dana casting on East Lake in Oregon from her Kayak :)

rymerpt
04-20-2007, 08:11 PM
Last years event was awsome!!! I was lucky enough to win this reel by taking third in the casting contest:

http://rpeters9.photosite.com/~photos/tn/8407053_348.ts1171147278856.jpg

I have caught King salmon, Rainbows, and this (my first Brown) with it.

THANKS BILL !!!!

Robert

Terry Thomas
04-21-2007, 04:45 AM
Up at 4:30 and ready for the big day! Looking forward to lots of fun and games.

Rickey Noel Mitchell
04-22-2007, 07:14 AM
Hey Bill, It was great to finally be able to participate in your expo again. I can’t believe how the interest has grown in fly fishing from a kayak since the last time I’m brought my yaks to the Expo.
Bluegrass Bill, All though it was all good My wife and I really liked the Westphalia Waltz, Salt Creek and of course Hey Good Looking. Great CD, thank you very much.
It was great just seeing and spending time with everyone there.

Bluegrass Bill
04-22-2007, 11:20 AM
Hey Rickey,

It was great to meet you and pick up a few more words of wisdom on kayak fishing. What kind of paddle was that again you are using? I would love to get out on the water with you sometime.

Glad you and your wife liked our CD. Westphalia is definitely one of my favorites on that recording as is Hey Good Lookin.

Best Wishes and tight Lines !

Bill

Rickey Noel Mitchell
04-22-2007, 11:41 AM
All my paddles are Greenland Style. I showed you one made by Betsie Bay . I also use one made by Sawyer. Lets definitely do some fishing. Thanks again for the great music.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
04-22-2007, 02:45 PM
We had a very successful Expo again this year mostly thanks to everyone that came.

The weather was a little unstable but didn't really get to nasty.

PS: I am now really looking forward to getting out for some top water black bass in the next month or so.