PDA

View Full Version : A Tech Question

Jay Murakoshi
04-03-2007, 10:38 AM
Ok, I hope in my spare time to start working on my web site. I have Front Page 2003 or some where in the neighborhood. My questions is - using FP is it pretty easy to place photo's on the templates. I want to start placing all the flies that I sell on a template to show each individual fly. I'm still in the process of learning dubbing, editing and sound tracks on Studio 10. The DVD I'm working on right now should be out 2025 :D

On my tying desk is 35 dozen sea habits I'm trying to crank out for the Baja groups. Also, 24 dozen Clousers tied on 30 degree jig hooks. Anyone want to tie commerically, drop me an email

Jay

JerryInLodi
04-03-2007, 12:24 PM
Jay, I use front page. Pasting photos is a snap but here are a few recommendations.

If you have some kind of sizing software such as Film Factory, take all your photos and presize them to the size you want to use. In doing so, most software will also allow you to specify quality. Presizing and dropping the quality of the image will allow the photo to load on a customer's page quicker and usually doesn't result in a visual drop in quality since most screens display at 72dpi.

I also recommend changing the photo names to something other than the camera numbers since after a while your image folder becomes a number jungle. You can shortcut it to something like chcl.jpg for chartreuse clouser rather than K109546.jpg or some similar number given by the camera.

As for actually posting the photos, it's a piece of cake. Set up your page with a table template. Stick the cursor in the box you want a photo, click get photo from file, paste it in the hole, do additional resizing and editing, brightening and contrast as necessary. The front page tools are quick and easy to use. Then type the description in the next table box.

Oh, and I've GOT to get a couple dozen of your chartreuse whistlers. They're killers!!!!!

If you need more info, e-mail me at gneuburger@yahoo.com or if a crisis and I can help, phone at 209-369-5752.