PDA

View Full Version : Stripers

Bryan Morgan
04-03-2007, 09:56 AM
Anyone hooking up on Striper in the Hazel or Sailor area. Either on purpose or by accident ?. :shock:

Bill Kiene semi-retired
04-03-2007, 11:28 AM
Most would be looking from Gristmill downstream to the mouth now.

Tony Buzolich
04-03-2007, 05:01 PM
My wife and I just got back from up there. We put in at Discovery and motored on up but things really got shallow above the Black RR bridge. Just above the Business 80 bridge there is a LOT of 1ft. water before it gets deep enough to relax. As I've got a prop I was really pushing my luck.

What I found out was there are some new holes and sand bars that weren't in the same place last year. Seems that bottom is always changing.

I also don't remember so many otters and wood ducks. They were everywhere. I usually see lots of beaver too but non today.

As for fish? Yes , we did see those too, and we dropped several more as well.

Water was a little cloudy and 55 degrees up were it was moving fast, but came up to 58 degrees as we dropped down into the slower water.

I think it is still a little early on the American and there isn't much water flow either to attract them up. On the SAC we marked LOTS of fish everywhere but didn't stay around to give it a try.

I'll be guiding tomarrow on the SAC near Colusa and will give a report when I get in.

Get out there early :wink:
TONY
www.feather-river-fly.com