PDA

View Full Version : First Bass of 07

Anne Vitale
03-31-2007, 10:28 PM
I took a look at the calender this morning and realized that it was almost April and I had not yet caught a fish in fresh water this year. So I took a break from fishing the surf this afternoon and went fishing at a local ranch pond Lee s. managed to get me access to a couple of years back. (Thank you Lee :D).

I had the pond all to myself so I took a leisurely stroll around the shore line throwing a size 6 all white gurgler into the grass in front of me. The shot below is the first fish of a dozen or so I was able to get to hand. I must have had twice that many blowups. I love spring. \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

http://www.avitale.com/FirstBass07.jpg

Ed Wahl
03-31-2007, 10:37 PM
Way to go Anne! Bass on top are something special are'nt they. Ed

Bill Kiene semi-retired
04-01-2007, 12:27 AM
Great Anne

Top water or bust!

lee s.
04-01-2007, 09:02 PM
Those cow-prints look strangely familiar. :lol: NICE Anne!
.....lee s.

Anne Vitale
04-01-2007, 10:49 PM
Lee... I thought you would recognize the place :D . Kitty's pond is in perfect shape. It is a little low but clear as a bell with no weeds other then grass along the shore. Strange...I didn't catch a single bluegill. I think the bass ate them all over the winter. Several of the bass I caught were about half again as large as the one in the photo. If you get a chance, fish it soon. Better yet move that rig of yours up there so that I can visit you :roll: .

I hope you had a great trip up to the Trinity.....Anne

lee s.
04-02-2007, 05:56 PM
Anne,
Did you run across Beulah? She is about 6#-7# and has set up her bedroom near the end of the fence in about 2'-3' of water. Why she would pick a scrawny little pup (2# +/-) like she did for a mate is beyond me though. :wink:

Anne Vitale
04-02-2007, 07:21 PM
Beulah??? OK Lee...So you have been out there recently haven't you :roll: ? If you are talking about the fence where we park by the dam then I think that fish above is the scrawny little pup you are talking about. A couple of cast later, I had another fish on in the same spot for a couple of seconds that seemed at least twice as heavy. Maybe that was your Beulah. :-k . By the way...where in tarnations did you get a name like Beulah for a fish? :?

Anne