PDA

View Full Version : Not FFing: Golf........oh no.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
03-31-2007, 04:57 PM
I was just over at Wild Horse golf coarse a mile from my house here in Davis, CA hitting a bucket a balls with a friend.

I ran into fly fishing buddies John Yen and John Lutch playing golf over there. Small world.

I told them I might go to Rossmoor Bar tonight to see if anything is going on.

Week nights now are probably best though.

WinterrunRon
03-31-2007, 11:44 PM
Bill,

Exactly where over at Rossmoor do you hit your bucket of balls and why is it best to hit them there on weeknights? I find that the time of day has no effect on my bucket of balls, but then again, I've not hit them at Rossmoor!

Ron

David Lee
04-01-2007, 07:37 AM
I cannot understand how anyone can walk past the water hazards without fishing them .

No , I'm not joking .

David :-k

Bill Kiene semi-retired
04-01-2007, 09:40 AM
The Davis Municipal Golf Coarse has clear ponds that are "stiff" with Black Bass.

Tom Moore (Gray Hackle) use to work up at the golf coarse in Auburn, CA and we could get into those ponds some years back, even in float tubes.

It's a shame they are not easier to fish? Darn golfers.

SteelieD
04-01-2007, 01:14 PM
I cannot understand how anyone can walk past the water hazards without fishing them .

Totally!! There's is a course here that I play, Sahallee, that has a pond where there are 2 foot trout cruising. Absolute pigs! Very visible and I would assume, very catchable. Absolutly drives me nuts when I pass it (or 'fish' my ball out of it!).

SteelieD
04-01-2007, 01:15 PM
oops, double post. :oops:

David Lee
04-01-2007, 02:27 PM
Steelie , my image of you is SHATTERED :shock: :x

Take a 7 foot 3 wt. in the club bag next time , I wanna hear how they tossed ya after getting yourself busted :idea:

David :unibrow:

Darian
04-01-2007, 06:26 PM
Believe it or not, some of the best ponds are in cemetaries..... :) :) Don't ask me how I know this. :wink: :lol: :lol:

David Lee
04-01-2007, 07:33 PM
Believe it or not, some of the best ponds are in cemetaries..... :) :) Don't ask me how I know this. :wink: :lol: :lol:

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Why am I not more suprised ?

When I grow up ....... I wanna be just like you , D. -

David :)

Ed Wahl
04-01-2007, 08:57 PM
I used to fish a cemetary when I was in my early teens living in Il. Hottest bait we found was the lowly maggot. Caught my first Bass there, rather crowded it was, but not a word was spoken. :paranoid: Don't get the wrong idea, the maggots came from outside the cemetary, although you don't really want to know from where. Ed

JT
04-01-2007, 09:03 PM
There is a pond in the cemetary near the house where I grew up. There were tons of nice bass, bluegill, crappie, and catfish in there. I've never seen anyone thrown out for fishing.

There's an awesome pond next to a golf course that a friend and I used to fish early in the morning for bass. We would absolutely knock 'em dead. That is until we got caught by the grounds crew. They said that someone left a bunch of mono line in the grass that got tangled up in their weed wackers. After that, they started enforcing the no fishing rules. We thought about trying it anyway, but I've since moved.

SteelieD
04-01-2007, 09:57 PM
Unfortunately David, it's one those hoity toity private clubs where I am usually golfing on business. As much I'd like to get tossed, it just isn't the right palce to do it. I have, on the drive in and out, scouted out how I'd get back there, but never had the nuts to do it!

Darian, that's just plain creepy... but cool anyway!

Darian
04-02-2007, 08:23 AM
Ya know, you can overcome almost anything to get into some good fishin'.... 8) 8) I can't help wondering what soem of the grounds keeper thought when they noticed a stump, next to the pond, was fishing.... :lol: :lol: :lol: