PDA

View Full Version : Get out on any pond or the Delta this afternoon.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
03-31-2007, 10:12 AM
I would try to get out on one of the local ponds like Mather, Rancho Seco or Cameron Park this afternoon and fish till sundown.

The Delta should be getting better for top water bass now too.

Lots of big reservoirs should be turning on with the warming in April and our relatively mild winter.

My "thought/strategy/plan" is that early on in the spring warm water season I would go out in the afternoons hoping for the warming all day to inspire an evening low light attack by the fined little buggers.

David Lee
04-01-2007, 07:47 AM
Uhhhhh ....... :?

Ed and I hit Folsom and Cameron Park yesterday for less than epic fishing . Folsom in the morning was dead - in the 23 years I've been fishing it , I've never seen it so slow . Cameron Park was almost a slow - a total of 8 or 9 in the 7 hours we were there . Early post-spawn conditions are like WORK :x

Perhaps the planets were not in-line/entrails were not favorable/wrong moon phase/hats were on wrong/etc. .

David

Nip Hadlock
04-01-2007, 10:38 AM
aarrgghh. :x I spent a couple hours at the local pond...hooked into once smallish bass that came unbuttoned at my feet....otherwise nada. :?
It's the moon...or something, (can't be my presentation or fly choice can it?!) :roll:

David Lee
04-01-2007, 10:48 AM
aarrgghh. :x I spent a couple hours at the local pond...hooked into once smallish bass that came unbuttoned at my feet....otherwise nada. :?
It's the moon...or something, (can't be my presentation or fly choice can it?!) :roll:

Nip -

Nope , buddy .... it ain't you .

Some days they bite , some days they don't . Simple fact that'll save you from pulling out your hair/putting your head in the oven/breaking that nice rod across your knee .

No biggie ..... it's still early :idea: :idea: :idea:

David :D

Bill Kiene semi-retired
04-01-2007, 05:12 PM
For some reason there are days when the fish just aren't intersted.

I do like the warm afternoon/evening this early in the Spring for bass and panfish.

lee s.
04-01-2007, 08:58 PM
This IS the time of year when they get really interested in their bedrooms. This IS the moon for it too. Often they become unwilling to eat for a bit and those unwilling to pester bedding fish need to be blessed with much patience.....waiting for better times. :wink:
.....lee s.

SuperFlyGuy
04-02-2007, 08:15 AM
went out yesterday to my favorite local pond and caught a very nice 2-3lb crappie on the strip with a bugger.
Looks like things are warming up ....

Darian
04-02-2007, 08:27 AM
Wow!!!!!!! That's a big Crappie. :shock: :shock: Soooo,.... Could we say that you had a Crappie day :?: :?: :lol: :lol: :lol:

SuperFlyGuy
04-05-2007, 06:20 AM
crappie day indeed Darian.

Check this out.. haha thats a six weight rod, and I had a little trouble with him. =)
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/220/447150227_177999c956.jpg

David Lee
04-05-2007, 06:49 AM
Nice Crappie !!

They're about the only fish I whack on a regular basis ..... tasty little guys .

No directions to the pond , eh ??

David :ninja: