PDA

View Full Version : Had some real nice guys in the shop today...............

Bill Kiene semi-retired
03-29-2007, 09:27 PM
..................who came all the way from Fresno, CA.

They were members of the "Fresno Fly Fishers".

http://www.fresnoflyfishers.com/

We had a nice time talking with them about their area and the fisheries they have down there. We talked about the King's River which I first heard about from one of our veteran factory representatives, Ed Schroeder.

Ed developed the Para Hopper and the Hare's Ear Parachute.

lee s.
03-30-2007, 12:29 AM
We fished Ed one year at the striperfest. Grand old gent he is. :wink: Picked up some good "depth charge" proceedures he uses at San Louie from him.
.....lee s.

dtp916
03-30-2007, 01:21 AM
I was thinking of going to college @ Fresno State...Do you guys think the fishing on the Kings is worth it???

What else does Fresno have going for it that would make me want to move down there? Feel free to shoot me a PM if you don't want to post about non FF things... :lol:

Wednesday Caster
03-30-2007, 08:30 AM
My personal best is a "bow" from the Kings River with undoubtedly the ugliest hares ear ever tied by yours truly... ergo still my favorite river :D

Bill Kiene semi-retired
03-30-2007, 09:05 AM
What about Humboldt State in Arcadia, CA?

You might have to go "pre-fish" some of those colleges?

Jay Murakoshi
03-30-2007, 10:00 AM
Since moving from the Monterey area 4 years ago, I have been exploring the area. I have gone to bass lake, eastman, hensley, millerton and make quite a few trips to Yosemite (just for photo shooting). I have yet to take a trip to the Kings River.
I live 3 blocks from Ed S. Sometimes I see him walking his Lab in the mornings. I know he's big into the duck hunting over in the Los Banos area.

I have met quite a few guys in the local club. Every now and then I will attend one of their meetings. Just to visit with a couple people that I know. Just last weekend, I went and fished with one of my sons at this pay to fish ponds. They are old gravel pits and now have bass in them.
I saw alot of bass in the 5 to 7lb range get caught and put in the bucket.
I was in my pram just checking out the place. I did catch a few in the 4 to 6lb range but let them go. While I was out motoring around, I had one big problem - A BEAVER. He kept following me and then would slap his tail and dive under.. I fixed his butt, everytime he surfaced, I would chase him down. A couple times I could see the whites of his eyes. Eventually, he got tired of the game and I saw him get out and waddle his butt over the ridge.

Going fishing this afternoon

Jay

Digger
03-30-2007, 11:45 AM
Keep that up and I'll send PETA after you!!!!

Nip Hadlock
03-30-2007, 11:48 AM
My wife rarely objects to my fly fishing excursions...but if I told her I was also chasing beaver....that's a different story! :lol: :lol: :lol:

sculpin
03-30-2007, 02:44 PM
I was stationed at Lemoore Naval Air base not far out of Fresno from 1969 to 1970 before and after a trip over seas. I used to fish the slough/river that runs across Hwy 198 between the base and the town of Lemoore. I used to catch some monstrous crappie and some very nice bass there about this time of year. It gets plenty of fog in the winter and heat in the summer.

Mark

OregonSalmon
03-30-2007, 03:25 PM
DTP916,
The hell with the fish...find a college with the smallest asses on women. You'll have plenty of time to fish for 60 more years but those butts ain't gonna get smaller.

Jgoding
03-30-2007, 03:36 PM
What Gellar says.......makes the most sense to me........

Jeff

dtp916
03-30-2007, 08:48 PM
DTP916,
The hell with the fish...find a college with the smallest asses on women. You'll have plenty of time to fish for 60 more years but those butts ain't gonna get smaller.

What if I like the big booty girls? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jay Murakoshi
03-30-2007, 08:54 PM
I"m sure you won't have a problem finding those

Jay

Darian
03-30-2007, 08:55 PM
I think Galen/Jeff have the right idea. 8) 8) 8) I'm old enough to know from experience. :lol: :lol: :lol:

sculpin
03-30-2007, 10:29 PM
[
What if I like the big booty girls? :lol: :lol: :lol:

We'll then I would check into going to school in Oregon. Perhaps OSU, home of The Oregon State Beavers would be a good place to start looking. :shock: I would stick with Galen's suggestion, he knows what he's talkin about.

Mark