PDA

View Full Version : Aaaahhhh!

Nip Hadlock
03-29-2007, 07:39 PM
I dropped by a local, (to Pleasanton), fly shop, (honestly Bill, it just sorta happened, it didn't mean anything....), and was grousing about how far I have to drive to fish and never have the time... :-({|=
This dude mentioned that the bass bite was hot at a local pond I had never considered in my trout/steelhead snobbery. :oops:
I spent an hour less than 2 miles from my house and managed one bass to hand!! \:D/ Not a monster...about 14" but it was my first fish of the year! \:D/ AAaaahhhhh...... 8)
Didn't bring the camera cuz I was planning to bank fish with low expectations... :roll:
There were some bruisers cruising by which I'm sort of glad I didn't get in to....the little guy put a scary bend in the little french bamboo rod I was trying out guessing I'd get in to much smaller fish! :oops:
Can't wait for the weekend... :twisted:

Adam Grace
03-29-2007, 09:56 PM
Go get'em Nip! But leave the bamboo at home and catch one of the bruisers for me!

Paul B.
03-29-2007, 10:38 PM
Don't listen to them Nip. Fish the Pezon. PB
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y225/gs1dad/fish004.jpg
Fiesty 19" bow on a 3wt Brooks cane rod

dtp916
03-30-2007, 01:25 AM
Way to go on the bass, looks like I'm the only one who hasn't got my first bass this year...not like I've been fishing for them anyway.

gs1dad - You are a savage! :D Nice work! That is a gorgeous fishy 8)

Flyguy
04-04-2007, 11:29 PM
Sounds like fun Nip, I know of the fly shop in Pleasanton, I'm in the East Bay as well. Shoot me a PM I know of good little bass pond thats never too crowded and a good spot for a float tube. Who knows maybe its the same one the guy at the shop told you about. :)