PDA

View Full Version : SOLD

jhaquett
03-29-2007, 04:30 PM
WF8F Scientific Anglers Mastery Bonefish, only lawn cast, $40. Retails for $60.

I would be interested in trading for a 7 weight saltwater fly line.

David Lee
03-29-2007, 05:18 PM
Please don't waste time with inferior lines for trade, I only use quality lines ($50 and above retail). Thanks.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Goodness !!

Sorry ...... but that sounds just a bit uppity . Try 27 feet of CHEAP LC-13 on the 7 wt. , the fish won't mind a bit .

David :D

jhaquett
03-29-2007, 06:45 PM
Sorry that does sound stuck-up. :oops:

I have just had bad experience with cheap line. It was back when fly fishing was a backup style to conventional spinning though...

One day I decided to take fly fishing more seriously, a guy at the fly shop said start with a really nice line its the most important part, so I did and all of a sudden I could cast a lot better, I got tangled less, and I actually enjoying fly fishing more so than spinner fishing! So since then I've been stuck-upish about my line. :wink:

Maybe I'm in the wrong, I dont know...

David Lee
03-29-2007, 08:04 PM
Actually ......

You have a very good point - good gear is , well ..... good !!

Depending on where I'm fishing , ALL lines are expendable - Blackberrys and timber will chew the crap out of your line (and flies , and wits ....) - to throw , say , a Mastery Bass taper in those situations is silly , just use that old , peeling Cortland 333 .

Then again , using old , outdated stuff ...... the 'old' guys used to use it and just murder the fish way back when .

Maybe there were more fishes to catch back then , or perhaps they were just better than us :-k

Good luck w/ your trades .

jhaquett
03-29-2007, 08:33 PM
Haha, yea I think it may have been a mix of their skills and the amount of fish both adding up to better days back then. You definitely have a good point with throwing a $60 line into a crappy bass pond. What I do in that situation is pick up a used line cheap, like for instance I just recently bought a Mastery Bass Bug that was used 5 times in a bass pond for $15! :)

David Lee
03-29-2007, 08:53 PM
Killer deal on the best bug line out there , IMO .

Shoot me a PM next time you're in Sacramento , we'll go get some Bass :idea:

jhaquett
03-29-2007, 09:53 PM
Cool, I may take you up on that 8) .Not in Sac very often other than to jump on a plane unfortunately though! :?

jhaquett
04-01-2007, 07:49 PM
Update, I only have the bonefish line left.