PDA

View Full Version : Rubicon open?

BillyB
03-29-2007, 02:20 PM
Is the Rubicon at Ellicot's bridge open? I've checked the regs and it certainly seems like it may be. Any imput?
Cheers

Ed Wahl
03-29-2007, 08:03 PM
Regulation wise, it's open. Whether or not the road is open is the real question. Ed

Ed Wahl
03-30-2007, 08:42 PM
Dude, that's my absolute favorite piece of water. How long have you been fishing that stretch? Ed

Bill Kiene semi-retired
03-30-2007, 11:13 PM
I know some guys who have been dropping in about 10 miles below Ellicot's Bridge for years and hiking and fishing up to the bridge. They came over night on the river too. They are using ultra light spinning gear with small silver Mepps spinners on 4# test line.

Ed Wahl
03-30-2007, 11:52 PM
10 miles is a bit of a stretch, at least as the crow flies. I believe I may have met those same guys at the bottom of the 'short' trail a while back. They can show you how to really work those Mepps. These were some older fellas that I met down there, pretty impressive considering the long, steep climb in and out of there. I hope I can still do that when I'm their age. Ed

BillyB
03-31-2007, 07:44 PM
Ed, you turned me onto it last year. Some others on this board also sent me some private emails about it. Last year I spent several days fishing Stumpy Meadows and then the Rubicon. Makes for a great day. I don't think the Rubicon is for everyone, it can be a tough walk.
Thanks again Ed. I'd be interested in joining you some day up there.
Cheers