PDA

View Full Version : Oahu bonefish

mems
03-28-2007, 10:16 PM
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a371/mems15/012_9A.jpg
Aloha, check out this bonefish I got a couple of weeks ago on Oahu. I went over for the TU annual banquet. I was fishing Kaneohe Bay with my friend Greg Moss. Notice my left hand, I severed a tendon in my finger two days before fishing, but kept on going. The reel handle would bang the splint on each run, but it was worth it. Adam I hope you like this one, Mems.

Mr. Noodle Rod
03-28-2007, 10:47 PM
Hey Mems,

Fine lookin' o'io you're holding there. I couldn't help but notice how glassy KB appears in the background for this time of the year. I admire your ability to pursue & successfully land such gamefish on the fly, even with the fingers "all buss-up!" :lol: :lol:

aloha,

- Mark

Darian
03-29-2007, 04:39 PM
Hey Don,.... Where you been :?: :?: :?: Sorry to see your damaged finger.... :( :( What a nice lookin' fish, tho. 8) 8)

Tony Buzolich
03-29-2007, 06:18 PM
Don,

I noticed the stripping basket has a TFO decal on it. Is it a TFO product that I can order for our shop. I don't remember seeing it in our catalog.

Aloha, TONY

DonCooksey
03-30-2007, 03:48 PM
Nice bonefish Don! I'm pretty sure that is what I hooked up with in Kona last week. Took me about half-way into my backing, in what seemed like only an instant, before breaking off my 12-lb tippet. I've never had a fish take line out that quickly.

mems
03-31-2007, 12:01 PM
Aloha Guys, thanks for all the comments. Darian, it is spring break and I have been fishing or guiding every day. The ono have started to show up off shore. These ones are big, largest one so far has been 60lbs. we got a 40lb one on wed and have been eating fresh ono all week. Tonight I am going to smoke the tail fillet.
Noodle rod, howzit da finga she stay sor, but gettin betta bum by.
Tony, that is a Lucky Louie Bean model that Jake Jakespeare gave to me last summer on the Vineyard. I had to put the TFO sticker on it.
Don, yup you probably got hit by one of those bones at A-bay. Right now I am off to hit a cargo net that my friend just found. Mahi-mahi should be jumping! Laterz, Mems.