PDA

View Full Version : We are dealers now for the "Hatch" fly reels

Bill Kiene semi-retired
03-28-2007, 05:47 PM
http://www.hatchoutdoors.com/reels/images/reel5_sm2_pop.jpg

http://www.hatchoutdoors.com/

These are amoung the finest high tech fly reels available today.

Made in Vista, CAlifornia, USA.

SteelieD
03-28-2007, 09:16 PM
I played around with these at the FF show in Seattle. It is a slick reel. Very high tech and machined from a solid piece of aluminum. Much like a Scotty Cameron putter which, coincidently, is made next door in Carlsbad.

fineandfar
03-28-2007, 09:23 PM
what kind of drag ..? especially the larger models..

Terry Thomas
04-03-2007, 07:14 PM
According to the owner of Hatch, they make the Scotty Cameron putter head in their shop as well as racing parts for some of the top racing teams. If you went to the Pleasanton Show, he said their shop was the size of the building holding all the fly fishing booths...amazing!
T.

Bryan Morgan
04-11-2007, 05:28 PM
What kind of drag on even the smaller reels?

Terry Thomas
04-11-2007, 06:51 PM
They have a sealed Rulon disk drag system. I'll try to get more info. tomorrow.
T.

Jasonh
04-12-2007, 05:44 PM
Dont you think since Titlesit gives me free equipment, including scotty cameron putters that they should also hook me up with a few reels! I need to work on this!

aaron
04-12-2007, 07:06 PM
:crybaby:

Terry Thomas
04-12-2007, 07:32 PM
Jason, that sounds only reasonable to me. Regarding the Hatch's drag, it has a combination Rulon and stainless steel disc system. The following is how they describe their drag system in their catalog:" The drag is a sealed multi-disc cassette system. It combines Rulon and stainless steel discs in order to apply even drag pressure and heat distribution over multiple surfaces rather than the typical 1-to-1 surface ratio found in most reels of the day. The combination creates a powerful and incredibly smooth drag system with near zero start-up inertia or stick-slip problems. The drag is water resistant, maintenance free, and self-lubricating." All of the reel sizes have the same sealed system.
T.