PDA

View Full Version : New Fly Fishing Lodge on Lower Sac in Redding,CA

Bill Kiene semi-retired
03-28-2007, 09:25 AM
Bill
Last weekend was another great weekend on the Lower Sac. Sunday was particularly good, overall a 7 out of 10 with times being 10 out of 10. Lots of big fish, certainly up to seven pounds hooked up. The bite seemed to be better when the weather was dull. Flies to use included Micro May, Dark Lords, Prince Nymphs and of course the Barry Bead. With the flows going up, the bite forecast is only good. As of this morning they are 6100 cfs. Personally I prefer flows at this level rather than the 4000 cfs that they have been for a while. Remember as the flows go up it tends to wash out old salmon eggs from the Redds that did not get fertilized. Yellow Egg patterns should be good, personally I stick to the pink ones.

A friend of mine, Dave Abbott is opening his new Fly Fishing Lodge on the Lower Sac in the Redding area this weekend. To celebrate this he is having a Barbeque that is totally free! Yes, free food and beer apparently. It's on Friday and Saturday from 4pm until Sunset (or later knowing Dave) All are welcome, if you want directions just Mapquest it.

8410 Haiti Drive Redding,CA 96002

The name of the Lodge is "The Birds Nest" .

This is something that is long overdue in Redding.. It's on the river of course with it's own launch ramp. I wish Dave all the best in his new venture.

At the moment I am not booked on either day, so I am likely to be there on both days for at least for a while. So see you there if you decide to come.

Tight Lines,

Barry Foster

barry@barrytheguide.com
www.barrytheguide.com
tel: 530 524 4186 cell
530 359 2834 home