PDA

View Full Version : Head Strong Cement

HC
03-26-2007, 08:10 PM
My head cement has gotten too thick (left the lid on loose) and has a yelleow cast to it. Is there a thinner I can mix in it? I have acetone and MEK but not sure if they are right... Because its flexible I use it to coat knots build heads etc. So the yellowing is of little concern. Harley

Darian
03-26-2007, 09:02 PM
Harley,.... Since not all cements are the same composition, we'd need to have more info about the type you're using in order to answer the question. 8) 8) Some commercial head cements have a thinner from the same company. For example, Dave's Flexament can be thinned with The thinner available from the same company. Others can be thinned with acetone or some other solvent. :? :? :?

Motofish
03-26-2007, 09:51 PM
Sally Hansons's hard as nail mixed with MEK (methyl ethyl ketone) mixed about 1 to 1 or unitl it drips off the brush. Motofish

HC
03-26-2007, 09:55 PM
Darian, Ok, I know there is a thinner available from the maker, but I have none right now. It could be polymer based too, Don't smell like a water base either. I sent an email to the maker asking about it, so the beat goes on. Thanks, Harley who lives in a town w/o a fly shop