PDA

View Full Version : Pyramid Lake 3/23 -2/24

Terry Thomas
03-26-2007, 09:47 AM
A group of us hit Pyramid Lake on Friday and Saturday. Sorry to report that we got our rear ends spanked. The water was glass smooth and the fish pretty spooky. The nets were packed with people, as usual. The whole crowd scene is not for me. I heard that there were lots of fish crusing those areas as well. We managed a couple of fish apiece. Saw some very large fish! One of the group landed one that was measured at 33 inches. Perhaps the weather was just tooooo nice for Pyramid?
T.

lee s.
03-26-2007, 12:18 PM
Terry,
Glad to hear that "our" lack of action on Friday was not merely inexperience. We did manage to break the "curse" on Sat. afternoon, quite well, after being driven crazy by MANY follows, refusals, and very lethargic takes, at best, on Friday. Sunday AM fared much better, with fish within 3' of shore. Deffinitely no ladder necessary. :wink:
....lee s.
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/russianriverflyfishers/message/3720

jayclarkflyfishing
03-26-2007, 02:15 PM
I was at Pyramid Friday-Sunday and had a great time.Fished the North Nets with the masses and absolutely slayed the fish.An incredible weekend for sure.This time of year if you want to catch fish at Pyramid the N Nets is the place to be.Yes it was crowded but what do you expect when the fish are in.The bite was consistant all day long with some of the hottest action occuring during mid day.

lee s:we have a mutual friend...Greg Sano.That guy catches a lot of fish!

Anyways it was another fun weekend with the masses at the Nets
Jay

Terry Thomas
03-26-2007, 02:47 PM
Jay,
I guess I need to give it a try mid week.
T.

jayclarkflyfishing
03-27-2007, 07:14 AM
Terry
Look for an opening in the line and wade on in.Lots of fun characters in the line at the North Nets.One thing,it is unneccesary to push the line out further than every one else.The fish are in close so wade up to your waist and set up your ladder and start from there.Mid week has been fairly busy as well.Good luck!
Jay