PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Been to the Yuba?

Big Jim
03-20-2007, 01:14 AM
Was thinking of making the long drive this week... anyone been up there lately?

Thanks

Jim

hookedupanglers
03-20-2007, 02:17 PM
Fished the Yuba on friday. Lots of fish. The water was still a little brown and most fish were holding in shallow water. Bird of prey and mico may all day long. not too much on top, but the warm weather may help you.

Big Jim
03-20-2007, 08:42 PM
Thanks, hooked-up.

Do you think todays rain will muck it up for thurs or fri?

Jim

hookedupanglers
03-21-2007, 06:02 AM
Im not going to guess. A lot of guys on this board fish or drive over it daily. hopefully they will let you know about that. I will tell you this, I floated it two weeks ago when the water was about 3-5 ft vis. I had three clients and all of them hooked fish consitantly. I really like fishing the yuba with a little color in the system and when the flows are around 2000 cfs. Last friday the water was looking good.

oonchie
03-24-2007, 05:54 PM
any word on March browns on the Yuba yet? the flows have been good for it this year.

-o

Epps
03-26-2007, 09:40 AM
Fished Saturday afternoon on the Yuba. Occasional scattered rising fish all afternoon, but not consistent. The march browns showed up thick in the evening but were above the water and the fish did not key into them. I did end up casting to and hooking one rising fish. Also, landed a chrome bright steelhead (4-5 lb) on a #16 PT. Maybe a new push of fish has just come up?

I would post a photo, but am unsure of how to do so.