PDA

View Full Version : Steelhead/Alaska and midge flies for sale/trade

bigtj
03-18-2007, 03:36 PM
Hello everyone,

Spring cleaning this weekend so I've got a bunch of flies that have to go. The fist lot is a great collection of some of the finest steelhead and alaska flies. Here is the list:

Hareball leech 1/0: orange, 23, black, 15, baby pink, 22, fuschia, 8, purple/pink collar, 21, chartreuse, 4

Alaskabou Conehead 1/0: black/blue collar, 7, purple/red collar, 9, purple/pink collar 7, orange w/ red/black collar, 11

Rabbit-tailed alaskabou: chartreuse/white collar, 12

Bjorn's super prawn 2/0: Chartreuse/white, 5, orange/white, 9

Lead-eyed marabou-tailed crystal buggers: Egg sucking leech, 19, baby pink, 12

These flies are all professionally tied by Riverborn (except the chartruese/white bunny-tailed alaskabous, tied by me) and are on tiemco hooks and are the finest quality. Since I'm not guiding in Alaska anymore I don't need them. They would make a fantastic collection for the die-hard alaska angler or those chasing winter steel on the north coast. At retail these flies would go for $360. I want to sell them as a lot for $175 (~$0.95/fly) (plus $10 shipping usps) or would be open to trades for fly reels, rods, and fly lines especially 7/8 wt single-handed gear or Rio Skagit, midspey, or windcutter fly lines.

TRADE PENDING*****Also I have a mixed bag of 18+ dozen midge flies, size 20, 22, 24, and 26. These are proven producing tailwater flies tied by me (I used to tie professionally) on tiemco and dai-riki hooks and include miracle nymphs, jujubee midges, rs-2's, WD-40's, copper johns, brassies, yong's larva, yong's pupa, bead head pheasant tails, and many more killer tailwater patterns. These flies are excellent for the San Juan, Colorado tailwaters, or right here at home in the winter. I want to sell them as a lot for $110 (~$0.50/fly) (plus usps shipping about $5) or would entertain trades for fly-fishing gear as above.

Pictures of both lots available on request at jrupp@watermc.com. Thanks for looking,

-John

bigtj
03-19-2007, 02:39 PM
Trade pending on both lots.

Thanks,

-John