PDA

View Full Version : Happy St. Patricks Day!!!

OregonSalmon
03-17-2007, 09:17 AM
On this fine St. Patricks Day in the Great Northwest which I will celebrate in a different manner than the saint. A good Irishman on this day has to drive something out of the neighborhood (in his case snakes out of Ireland), or at least drive the neighbor crazy, and I will do both: I intend to drive the clams back to the sea or to my dinner table which will drive the neighbor crazy. A few months back she complained to the manager of the small building I live that I was running an illegal clam business out of my apartment. Since all eyes were upon me on this complaint I had to shut down my opium den. The Salmonberry Railroad was almost up and running from Tillamook to Banks until I lost all my Chinese workers. She really cut into everyones business. And yes ladies and gentlemen, we have a winner for the "Bat Crap Crazy" award: my neighbor.

On a fishing note: slow year in my parts but there are fish to be found, and sometimes in great numbers. Starting to smell like spring which means most of the coastal streams will be idle until the fall so I have a new idea that might just snatch that "Bat Crap Crazy" award from my naggin' neighbor: fishing the mainstem of the Columbia just upstream from Astoria for summer steelhead. My buddies motor out to some of the lower islands and plunk with lures and do quite well. Feathers, water, fish...the idea has worked in other spots. The worst thing that could happen is that I get crapped on by a screeching Caspian tern. Or put my tent below the tide line. Ouch.

---"The difference between fishing and standing on the bank looking like an idiot is a fine line" -Book of Revalations

Darian
03-17-2007, 12:53 PM
Ah Galen,.... Ever the bright spot in bleak terrain. :) :) Happy St. Patty's Day to you and the "bat crap crazy" neighbor. On a day like today, you might be able to win over your neighbors animosity by plyin' 'er wi' a wee bit 'o' Bushmills (the cheapest, of course) until you can determine the measure of effect. 8) :lol: :lol:

On the other hand, you could use her as a substitute for a Kaber and when the long arm of the law arrives to see what is transpiring (....due to the loud caterwalling and shrieks!!!) you could tell 'em you're practicing for the upcoming Highland Games Kaber competition. 8) 8) Any Irish flatfoot would have to agree that this is a reasonable explanation. 8) 8) 8)

I'm off to a wedding and to celebrate the day and I'll be wearin' 'o' the green..... :D :D :D

Bill Kiene semi-retired
03-18-2007, 11:08 AM
Marilyn and I took my mom over to my aunt Barbara and uncle Tom's house for a nice family St. Patty's dinner with corn beef and cabbage.

OregonSalmon
03-19-2007, 07:50 AM
Darian,
I'd use the Kaber toss defense but she knows I'm not Scottish since she caught me in my boxers one day. The building I live is an old house converted into apartments so we have a common stairway. Someone rang my bell and in a hurry to see who it was I did not put on my pants. Just poked my head through the door to see who it was. Unfortunatly they rang her bell, she came charging out and I was caught dead to rights. Boy she bitched over that. Oh, and it was a pizza delivery for her. The poor guy had to come back three times until the pizza was just right. Who is this chick??? Goldielocks?????!!!!

Kiene,
I ate corned beef and cabbage for three days and almost died. I was becoming a corned beef with a head of cabbage. Rutabegas for feet, pototoes for legs, a turnip ass, carrots and parsnips for fingers and toes. Gonna take me a year to have the desire for corned beef again. I definately overdosed.

Also Kiene, have you ever had razor clams? Bill King is right down the street from me and I'll ask him if he can run them by your place on the way home. Some people have a deadly reaction to them so if you haven't eaten them I don't want another death on my hands. My buddy Eric fed them to his grandfather....his last meal. One pot of corned beef and one death on my head is all I can take for a year so be sure you aren't allergic to the tasty critters.