PDA

View Full Version : Arizona fishing

Todd
03-14-2007, 02:24 PM
Last week while visiting Sedona AZ. my wife (a surprise birthday gift) booked me on an all day guided trip to Lake Pleasant (35 miles north of Phoenix) for Stripers and Bass.

Had a decent day 2 stripers and 2 lg.mouth in the morning. The lake was still 3-4* too cold, so after the morning grabs things shut down. The lake should warm up soon if not this week. Lake is about 10,000 acres and loaded with fish.

Lake Pleasant is close enough to Phoenix for the business traveler to get some fishing in. I was booked through http://www.thehookupoutfitters.com
Very professional and very nice. Ben is the owner, who was very responsive and communicated via email with my wife when she was booking the trip. I fished with a guide named Brad...great guy. They use Ranger bass boats that blast across the open water. They will provide equipment if needed (included in the price).

I was impressed and had no idea there was such good fishing available in AZ. Check it out if you're planning on being in the area. The drive from Sedona wasn't bad as speed limit is 75 mph and traffic is flowing between 75 and 90 mph...