PDA

View Full Version : Putah Creek 10 March 2007

JT
03-12-2007, 12:07 AM
I've been reading posts on this site for quite a while now. I've posted a few times, but here is my first fishing report. Yesterday morning I fished the creek for a couple of hours. I had a ton of homework to do (I'm a student at UC Davis), but I seriously needed a break. When I got to the creek at about 9AM, there were tons of midges in the air and a few caddis coming off of the water. I managed to land 9 fish: 2 on a #16 tan Fox Poopah and 7 on a #20 midge pupa. The biggest fish was a fat 16"er, another was 15", and the rest were between 12" and 14". Just before I left at 11AM, some big caddis started emerging. I would say that they were about #10-12. There have been some good-sized mayflies hatching as well lately. For those who don't like using the tiny bugs that Putah Creek is known for, now might be the time to try something a little bigger.

SteelieD
03-12-2007, 09:02 AM
That's a GREAT day at Putah! :D Nice job.

mark
03-15-2007, 08:32 AM
Nice work on Putah,

Good to have some more fellow UCD students on here, there are quite a few.

Your opportunities around the area are almost endless. Enjoy it while you can. I graduated 2 years ago and go back often.

-MK

JT
03-15-2007, 08:57 AM
Mark,

What was your major? I am majoring in Biological Systems Engineering.

I try to fish Putah once a week. I've been fishing the creek for about 15 years (since before my fly fishing days). I don't have much time between school and work to get away and fish other waters, though I would like to. I'm going to try check out some other areas next week after finals.