PDA

View Full Version : SOLD

Forelle
03-11-2007, 11:29 PM
SOLD

bigtj
03-12-2007, 10:47 AM
No personal interest in this sale but I have to say THIS IS ONE AWESOME BOAT!! It is the perfect Truckee River and Trinity river set-up and I've used mine on trips in Colorado, Wyoming, Idaho, Oregon and everywhere in-between it is a fantastic boat. It's also a great lake boat. I've even carried it a half mile for wilderness put-ins. You simply can't go wrong with this boat especially at this price. I wouldn't sell mine for anything.

Forelle
03-12-2007, 11:07 AM
You're killing me because I love the boat too...

We moved to a small apartment in Alameda, and we're planning a family. I have to sell the boat and other toys :cry: to free up space and build a baby fund :shock:. I'm trying to convince myself that I won't have time to use it..... :?

bigtj
03-12-2007, 03:02 PM
Man I feel really bad about your situation it's got to be tough. I am about to be in the same situation, although hopefully I won't have to sell my boats. I'll tell you what....make it over to the Truckee some time in June if the flows are high enough this year I'll float you down the river. Maybe it will help lessen the blow of having to sell yours.

Hang in there hope it sells soon!

Best regards,

-John

Forelle
03-12-2007, 03:37 PM
Thanks, I'll probably take you up on that. I'm not too-too bummed about selling the raft. My wife made me a deal that I can get a drift boat someday when we get a house/garage. It will be easier to tote kids in a drift boat, and she likes to fish too.

So when the flows get low does the Truckee turn into a gravel garden or does it just get too shallow to pass.

bigtj
03-12-2007, 04:17 PM
The Truckee is pretty much always a rock garden. You can always get down in a Pac 1200 short of decade-low flows it just gets to be a pain you hang up a lot when the flows are low like right now. You want at least 350 cfs at Truckee to float the upper river above Hirshdale. It is definitely a raft or cat river drifters are out of the question. And although it's class 2 it there are lots of places to get yourself in trouble it is definitely not beginner water.

You are going to love having a drifter instead. Great for the kids lake fishing. I like having both boats but with kids the Pac-1200 would be out of the question it would be a drifter all the way.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
03-12-2007, 09:52 PM
http://www.outcastboats.com/outcastboats/images/Pac1200.gif

This is not one of those imported pieces of junk either.

I think it would be close to $3,000.00 with accessories and sales tax?