PDA

View Full Version : New name for an old running line!

Tracy Chimenti
03-09-2007, 11:34 PM
I pulled out the rod last night for the first time in about 6-months. After two hours of casting the orange junk, pulling out tangles, I muttered to myself, "...%&@$ ANGINA!!!"

David Lee
03-10-2007, 09:27 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Amnesia will make you want to forget fishing sometimes ....

David :P

JerryInLodi
03-10-2007, 08:37 PM
You can make amnesia managable by soaking the spool in water the night before using. Amnesia absorbs water and becomes softer and is easier to stretch the memory out of when wet.

You might try changing to the Rio Slick Shooter line. It's a little stronger at 50 lbs, same diameter (roughly since it's oval) and not near the memory. I think the price is not that much different than amnesia.

lee s.
03-10-2007, 09:46 PM
Tracy,
I find that happens with EVERYTHING we use.....some moreso than others, but all.
With proper "care" we think amnesia is still the best effeciency/cost ratio running line made. Too bad it is rumored to become scarce....?
Growing up learning with Royal Bonnel as running line might have something to do with it though. :wink:

Mike McKenzie
03-12-2007, 06:58 AM
That Royal Bonnel was some goood stuff!!

Mike

Jay Murakoshi
03-12-2007, 09:20 AM
Hey, hey, hey......Amnesia is fantastic. I've been using the stuff since fly fishing was founded - well not quite that long but since the 70's. I don't use the colored amnesia, except maybe black. Black absorbs the sunlight and heat. The sunlight will break the material down faster the black color will absorbed the heat and thus eliminate alot of tangles. I said eliminate alot of tangles but not completely. I've been using the clear 20lb and 30lb amnesia for years. It's in the Fly shops as Hal Jannsen Leader control. I don't have any problems with the clear. It does cut through the water column faster than a standard running line

But to each his own

Jay

Tracy Chimenti
03-13-2007, 01:34 PM
Got a new spool of the orange stuff and everthing's better now. Still couldn't buy a grab. Feather R. dropped 2-feet in the last two days. There WERE some hungry fish in the lower end. Guess that's how it works. Sac and American are better bets at the moment.

Thanks for the replies.

Tracy