PDA

View Full Version : Please register and say "Howdy".

Bill Kiene semi-retired
03-07-2007, 10:26 AM
I think it would be fun to see where people live who surf here.

We love questions and little fishing reports too.

Thanks for participating.................

PS: For the next 3 months we will have so much local fly fishing in Nor Cal it will be hard to decide where to go.

Bass & panfish

Shad running up to spawn

Stripers running up to spawn

Halfpounder Steelhead & resident trout in rivers

Low to mid-elevation lakes for trout

Some trout streams are open too.

Shaggy
03-07-2007, 04:01 PM
Howdy :D

I'm up in the interior of BC, Canada, not far from Kamloops. I'd be happy to answer any questions from those headed up this way.

Great board Bill, I've been enjoying it for some time now!

JerryInLodi
03-07-2007, 05:15 PM
Hey Bill and Shaggy, I've met some great people here on the board and have fished with more of a few of them. For those few of you that not read some of my posts, I'm JerryInLodi and guide on the San Joaquin delta for stripers and LMB.

Shaggy has given me an idea you might consider. How about a heading for trip swapping on the board. For example, jbird and sculpin came down from Oregon to fish with me and I'm planning to go north this fall to fish with them.

I'm also swapping with a guy that fishes out of the Florida keys. He's coming here in November and I'll go there in 2008.

Shaggy lives in BC, I'd give a left little toe to fish there with someone that knows the water! By the way Shaggy, if you make it to NorCal, you have a delta ride.

Wadayathink Bill?

Bill Kiene semi-retired
03-07-2007, 11:17 PM
Hi Shaggy,

I read about fly fishing lakes in BC for many years.

I talked to hundreds of people who had fished up there over the years.

I read some of Haig Brown's books.

We have been going up to Nimpo Lake to Rainbow Lodge which is west of William's Lake for many years.

Did get to drive and helicopter into the lower Dean River for Steelhead a long time ago.

..........but finally, a few summers ago, we went to the Kamloops area. I just love that place.

Thanks for saying "Howdy".

Shaggy
03-08-2007, 10:47 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome guys! Feel free to shoot me an e-mail if you're headed up here. I'll do my best to point you in the right direction, and I'm always looking for a good excuse to get out :).

here are a few teasers for you ;)

http://gallery.flybc.ca/albums/album57/P1010011.sized.jpg

http://gallery.flybc.ca/albums/album57/Edcrop.sized.jpg

http://gallery.flybc.ca/albums/album57/Secret_pond_lunker.jpg

http://gallery.fishbc.com/albums/Shaggy/littlecropPA150097.sized.jpg

We even have a some of these (although the illegal stockings are a real downer):

http://gallery.fishbc.com/albums/Shaggy/P1010029a.sized.jpg

JT
03-08-2007, 10:50 AM
Nice pics! Too bad it's so far away.

Ed Wahl
03-08-2007, 10:53 AM
I can see you're all tore up about that smallie. :lol: ED

Shaggy
03-08-2007, 10:58 AM
That lake is one of a few that were stocked legally by the Province. We've got some Largemouth in a lake just south of there in excess of 10lbs, I just don't have any pictures of them.........yet. :D Ice off is coming soon though!

The bucket-heads around here have messed up more than a few trout lakes with Perch, Bass and what-not and it is getting to be a real concern, I'd be just as happy to see them gone, but while they are here, I'll fish for them as the are very co-operative on the fly! :)

FISHEYE
03-08-2007, 04:55 PM
Hi Bill, my name is Phil and I am a fishoholic. I am from Anchorage, Alaska.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
03-08-2007, 08:33 PM
Great "FISHEYE".........

I guess you have no lack of great fly fishing in the summer up your way.

Thanks for joining in on our adventure here.

Everyone wants to go to AK.

Ed Wahl
03-08-2007, 08:50 PM
Welcome Fisheye. I've always been warned by people who know me well that if I ever go to Alaska I'll never come back. That must be true Nirvana for fishaholics. Of course, down here we don't have to worry about gettin et up by griz. :shock: Ed

SteelieD
03-08-2007, 11:00 PM
Shaggy, Fisheye - welcome! Good to have other 'out of towners' here.

Shaggy, you're not too far from me and after seeing those photos, I might just have to come pay you a visit! Great website too.

Shaggy
03-09-2007, 12:30 PM
Just shoot me an e-mail well in advance SteelieD.

The old "An out of town angler here to fish" explanation seems to work well with the wife as an excuse to go! :D

FISHEYE
03-11-2007, 09:26 PM
Ed, if you love the outdoors, especially fishing don't come to Alaska from April to November. You will never go home. I came here 30 years ago and it has been fantastic. Of course it winter now and it has been cold and snowy. I am going to Belize tomorrow. :D

Bill Kiene semi-retired
03-11-2007, 09:38 PM
Good luck FISHEYE

Be sure to give us a detailed report on Belize in the Saltwater category after you get home.

gilly
03-11-2007, 09:56 PM
Just dropping in to say hello. I've been checking out this forum for the past couple of weeks and have found it to be a great source of useful info. I live in the Pollock Pines area, a couple miles from Sly Park Lake. I'm excited that so many fisheries have opened up year round and I'm looking forward to learning the changes that come with the fall and winter months.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
03-11-2007, 10:42 PM
Welcome 'gilly'

Spring is right here and things are getting better almost daily.