PDA

View Full Version : Horror of horrors ......

David Lee
03-06-2007, 07:31 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll:

After 16 months of unemployment ..... I go back to work tomorrow :crybaby: . Time flies while you're broke and fishing a lot .....

Yeah , yeah , I know what you're thinkin' - what a hard life :P . Don't fret - I'll still post reports/whine about the population/take photos 8) . Be good fellas while I'm slaving away :unibrow: .

David :cry:

Ed Wahl
03-06-2007, 07:51 PM
Let me be the first to offer my condolences. :( . You had a good run, but all things must come to an end. :-({|= Hope you still have weekends to fish. Ed

lee s.
03-06-2007, 07:52 PM
Awww geeee! :cry: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:
...... :wink:

jbird
03-06-2007, 08:15 PM
David

If I were unemployed for 16 months, my wife would strangle me...and I'd love every minute of it! :D Mustve been fun!

Welcome back to the grind! :?

jay

Adam Grace
03-06-2007, 11:03 PM
Poor David! :cry:

SullyTM
03-07-2007, 08:53 AM
David, What are you going to be doing for the paycheck? Hopefully, you'll be getting a lunch break! Remember to set your alarm clock!

Later...

OregonSalmon
03-07-2007, 09:26 AM
Turncoat!!! Another one of the employed. Sorry David, I can no longer talk to you.

Geez David, why didn't you steer that car north when you had the chance. Now it will just be a trail of tears on the way to work. Ouch.

JerryInLodi
03-07-2007, 09:35 AM
David, I feel your pain.

Now to "rub it in a little!"

Yesterday, while you were facing the return to work, I went in for my retirement interview! I only have about 60 work days left in my ENTIRE career.

And I'm not going to miss a damn thing! I already have a full season of fishing planned including this summer in Baja, late fall in Oregon for steelhead and next summer, the keys for tarpon. Then there's the delta right next door!

Darian
03-07-2007, 09:57 AM
Hey Jerry,.... What happens if you fail the retirement interview :?: :?: Do they make you work another 10 years :?: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

David,.... you gonna make it to Kiene's on Saturday :?: :?:

Bill Kiene semi-retired
03-07-2007, 10:06 AM
Wow David.....that work is a bad habit.

Maybe you can buy a little bigger boat for the two of you?

Tracy Chimenti
03-07-2007, 10:33 AM
First the stock market, now this! Who am I going to fish vicariously through now? --hehe, going tomorrow!

sculpin
03-07-2007, 11:24 AM
Eeeeeeeeekkkkkkkk. Going to work !!!! David say it ain't so, I feel for ya.

Mark

Hairstacker
03-07-2007, 12:34 PM
If I were unemployed for 16 months, my wife would strangle me

I'd have long been dead and buried. :lol:

Well, look at the bright side David, a chance to "refurbish" the gear holdings. :D

slipjoint
03-07-2007, 01:09 PM
i was retired for 3 years but 2 months ago i went back to work as a School Bus Driver - why did i go back to work at 60 years old? - health insurance! - got tired of paying blue cross $1,769.00 a mo. for health insurance for just my wife & i - not a miss print $1,769.00 a mo!!!!!!! - the bus thing isn't a bad thing - 5/6 hours a day - week-ins off summers off - spring break coming up april 1 - 2 weeks off for christmas - - you get the idea - the bus barn is only a 3 minute drive from the house - not a bad deal for an old fart - tom

SteelieD
03-07-2007, 01:30 PM
Welcome back to the 'real' world!! :lol: I hope it's a great job. Good luck!

Paul Mc
03-07-2007, 02:19 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol:
I lasted 3 days, the wife started applying for jobs for me!
Think of the new toys you can buy now,,,,
Paul

PatrickM
03-07-2007, 05:21 PM
David,
Don't know if I should offer my congratulations or condolences. :twisted:
Good job, buddy.
pm

David Lee
03-07-2007, 05:51 PM
Boys -

With friends like you ..... who needs enemas ?!?

Just got in from my first day . Nice people (for Cabinet makers , anyways ...) , small shop , fair $$$$ . Hands are all cut-up (fingertips are good , so I can tye :evil: ) and back to having Melamine/sawdust boogers . All in all ...... great day !!

I'll see most of you Saturday at the shop - thanks for the tears/ballbusting/warm thoughts ..... y'all are the BEST :nod:

David (slave to the MAN :x ) Lee

Bluegrass Bill
03-07-2007, 10:52 PM
Hey David,

Congratulations (I guess :D ) on your new job. I would think working in a cabinet shop would be a pretty fun job, getting to see the fruits of your labor. There are certainly much worse things out there to be doing.

See you this Saturday!

Bill

Paul Mc
03-08-2007, 03:26 AM
I have found there is nothing more satisfying than seeing the results of your own hands. Gives a whole meaning to job satisfaction.

Wednesday Caster
03-08-2007, 09:57 AM
Melamine/sawdust boogers
Now that's funny. Please do not post pics to verify!
Congrats David on ya new yob.

Joseph Narkevitz
03-08-2007, 11:45 AM
David,

I am taking a week off to fish the American and the Sac Rivers. (March 16-24). The real reason to come up there, from Santa Barbara, is to see you and go fishing.

It looks like we will be confined to fish the weekends together.

I will be giving you daily fish reports!

Joseph

Charlie Gonzales
03-09-2007, 06:10 PM
I (unfortunately) have been infected with the same disease. I started a new job on tuesday and will (unfortuntely) make me miss the show on saturday. I have laid about 1000 sq ft of 18x18 porcelane since then. Funny thing is.... while I was off for those couple of months I got to do very little fishing and havent been able to tye for months; but the kitchen is done and is off to more projects.

Dave.. you and the misses will have to come for dinner sometime.