PDA

View Full Version : everglades in april

Loren E
03-06-2007, 07:09 PM
thinking about heading down to florida for some family fun for the first or second week of april. we are looking for a secluded house or cabin that we could rent that is on the water with kayaks or canoes, with decent fly fishing within a reasonable paddle, and hikes/nature tours for mom. i'd like to fish with a guide in a flats skiff for a day or two, but explore from a kayak the rest of the time on my own. does anyone know of anything like this? chokoloskee charters has a place that looks perfect on paper, but it says that it is within stumbling distance of a deli and convenience store, not quite the level of seclusion we're looking for. i'd be interested in hearing about something more along the lines of a bed and breakfast or lodge also, if it were on the water so i could still fish on my own. also, if anyone knows if something like this north or south of the glades i'd still be interested in hearing about it. thanks in advance -Loren

jbird
03-06-2007, 08:21 PM
Loren

A Deli and convenience store in the everglades might be secluded. Theres a few one horse towns in the swamp down there. Have you posed the question on Dan Blantons board?

Good luck!

J

PaulC
03-10-2007, 08:40 AM
You might want to try posting the same question on the everglades angler board.
http://www.evergladesangler.com/portal/
-Paul