PDA

View Full Version : Weekend Bass report .

David Lee
03-04-2007, 09:38 PM
Ed Wahl and I hit Rocklin pond Saturday .

Much to my horror , there are houses on the hills all around it , along w/ a paved bike trail within 100 yards . I guess the 'powers-that-be' are going to build on every square inch of this state ...... damm shame . I was lucky enough to spend countless hours fishing out there over the years , and this hurts more than a little .

Water was muddy and cold , no bites to report .

Today ..... we did Cameron Park . Water temps were lower than the last time we fished out there (pre-storm) . Fishing was VERY slow . Ed caught 5 and dropped one , I managed 3 or 4 w/ one lost . Light biters ....

Better than nothin' , yeah ??

David :)

SteelieD
03-04-2007, 10:43 PM
MUCH better than nothing!!!!

Hairstacker
03-04-2007, 11:38 PM
Real shame to hear about the pond. . . . Just aren't enough places like that: :cry:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v484/Sachlil/Pond2.jpg

David Lee
03-05-2007, 11:07 AM
It's hard not to be bent about this .

I'm fighting the urge to sharpen the axe ...... you can't really change 'progress' and I accept that nothing in life stays static - it's just a drag that small gems like this one will continue to fall by the wayside to the allmighty dollar .....

http://img.inkfrog.com/pix/fadoe/IM001438.JPG

http://img.inkfrog.com/pix/fadoe/IM001437.JPG

http://img.inkfrog.com/pix/fadoe/IM001424.JPG

The pond was never what anyone would call a world-class fishery ..... just a place to escape the noise and madness of the everyday world . I guess I shouldn't take it personally ......

I hope the Ticks that infest the area will move into the backyards of the new homes going up . Turnabout , you know ......

David

Ed Wahl
03-05-2007, 02:21 PM
The only thing worse than finding your sacred spot being developed and defiled is being there with a friend when it's happening to theirs. :-( . That's a hearbreak that we've all felt at one time or another, and it never gets any easier to take. Ed

Ed Wahl
03-05-2007, 03:34 PM
Let me give you guys a little insight into fishing with David at Cameron Park, this guy is great. During the first few hours there I lucked onto a few fish, it was really slow, but David had'nt even gotten a grab yet. Didn't phase him a bit though, I know we've all fished with partners who after an hour or two of that would have been pretty dour and surly. Not David though, he was still crackin me up the whole time. So we get to the part where it's time to split, getting cold, dark,(at least for me, still wearing polarized shades with the clear glasses still in the truck), and David says, "ok, this'll be the last cast". I went ahead and reeled up, while he worked his fly slowly back in. Yeah, you know it, he says "got one on". At first I thought he was puttin me on, that's what I'dve done, but then his line swam under the dock. :shock:. Then, well, David took me to school. Not only catching fish, but catching them right under my feet. It was freakin hilarious. I'm standin there with my rod broken down just watching him get hit almost every cast, again right under my feet. I love it when someone pulls a rabbit out of their hat like that. So now you all know, it wasn't all gloom and doom last weekend. Oh yeah, even had to drive back to my house before heading out, forgot my waders. :lol: Hah, that's never happened before. :roll: Springs coming boys, if your not getting your line wet your missing out. Ed

David Lee
03-05-2007, 04:16 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I finally hook a fish . Ed says "What'dya do different on that cast "??

I stare at Ed ....... :?

"What do you mean .... different"?!? NOTHING - THE FISH DID SOMETHING DIFFERENT !

It's ALWAYS better to be lucky , rather than good .

David :evil:

Ed Wahl
03-05-2007, 04:32 PM
C'mon David, you can't blow off the line of the year that easily. :lol: It had been like two hours since the last fish when David caught one off the docks. I asked what he did differently this time, as opposed to the last two hundred casts. He answered immediatly and totally deadpan,"I got bit". Comedians pay a lot of money for deliveries like that. I got a cramp in my side from laughing so much. Ed

sculpin
03-05-2007, 05:18 PM
Hey guys it sounds like you're having a good time down there. David I'm sorry to hear about the area around your pond getting developed. I have had similar things happen to places I enjoyed and it sucks.

Mark

Leo
03-05-2007, 10:16 PM
Hey Sculpin
How is that leader system working for you? Hooked and landed some hugh tarpon in Mexico last summer.
Leo

sculpin
03-06-2007, 09:22 AM
Hey Leo
I haven't had an opportunity to try it out yet but I sure am looking forward to using it when I get a chance to give it a work out.

Thanks Mark